Webmeeting server location

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Maxime Croisetiere, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxime Croisetiere

Hi,

I am trying to use the WebMeeting option with my team but we have a poor video quality.

I saw in the information of the webmeeting I am actually connected to the USA WestCoast server: USA West
    Coast (Seattle) - us008-sea.3cx.net (216.244.83.114) - CA Canada

We are based in Montreal and our preferred server in our 3cx settings is set to the Montreal Server.

How can I force the system to use Montreal server? Is it a problem on your side (server down for example)?

Thank you very much,

2. saqqara16

On the front screen, click on WebMeeting MCU (right hand side) and you can select another server

3. Maxime Croisetiere

Hi! I am not sure where is the MCU option you talk about on the right hand side?

You can see the screenshot of what I see attached.

Attached Files:

• 3cx.png
      3cx.png
      File size:
      36.1 KB
      Views:
  4. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Option is within the 3CX admin console

5. Maxime Croisetiere

Thank you Saqqara, maybe I am not looking at the right place, but in the 3cx admin console, my MCU is already set to Montreal.

Unfortunately, when I start a webmeeting, the selected server is Seatle. I don't understand why!

Attached Files:

• mcu.png
      mcu.png
      File size:
      47.8 KB
      Views:
  6. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is how it works. I hope this clears it up a bit and not make it more confusing.

Part 1: The PBX, the MCU and you
    • Install your PBX somewhere in the world.
    • Your PBX's IP is then geolocated. Then assigned the geographically closest MCU to your PBX.

Part 2: QuickMeeting
    • Each extension on your PBX has a meeting called "quickmeeting" by default.
    • This meeting will always use the MCU you set in your PBX's Conference Settings.

Part 3: Other Meetings
    • When new meetings are created manually, they are created using whatever is MCU you set in your PBX's Conference Settings.
    • Alternatively, users can also specify during meeting creation, which MCU they want that specific meeting to take place on.
    • Once the meeting has been created, changing your default MCU that is set in your PBX's Conference Settings will NOT change what MCU already existing meetings use.
    • The setting in the PBX's Conference Settings is merely a default/suggested MCU on which all meeting creations are based on from the point you've selected some X MCU.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.