Webmeeting server missing or changed in Italy

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by capsec, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capsec

Hello

Our customer need to have a meeting tomorrow and I've some test with them. We have a lot of problem with audio, video is ok but the voice disappear. I think was a problem to our firewall (watchguard) so I set a policy rule to optimize traffic management and to guarantee the correct bandwith. But I see that the server in Milan has changed to other in France (Rubaix), why?
    You have a problem with the server in Italy?

So to have a good functionality I need to capture traffic to webmeeting server, what is the correct server?
    1) webmeeting.3cx.net ?
    2) eu003-rbx.3cx.net ?

My opinion:

When you release a new version could you prepare a correct documentation that explain your changes in detail? In the web site specially in italian language we don't found the latest updates in documentation , you must organize better or use a single site for all support help document and or manuals.
    We discover functionality or disappeared functionality when the customer call for the problem....Perhaps the partners need more detailed information before that customers calls it's need to have more webinar not in what 3cx do like a commercial explanation but in your improvements using support engineer , these will be more interesting for us.

thanks

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @capsec

Please note that the Milan server and Rubaix server are under maintenance at the moment. You were probably trying when the Rubaix server was still up. Please try now as the system should connect to the next available server automatically. You can also restart your system service to get the servers removed from the list although that will happen automatically.

3. capsec

Ok but......how we could have these informations? Where are informations about this service is in maintenance? We can't receive some alert regarding this problem?
    Custormer expetactions are high regarding your webmeeting and when something goes wrong isn't good for us ....
    We need more information about your system, how it works, when it goes down for maintenance, we need information how to achieve maximum performance and quality our connections are all good (FTTC Fiber) so the bottle neck i think is other.

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

-The Roubaix server was removed temporarily from the cluster as it was experiencing network and routing issues on the side of the provider.
    -The Milano server experienced a malfunction that requires the intervention of the hosting datacenter to rectify.

The two servers will be back as soon as possible.

We plan to have much more to provide in the future when it comes to WebMeeting like a server status page, bandwidth/quality test pages etc as well as better in-webmeeting features like the conference quality indicator which is extremely basic at the moment, ability to dynamically switch server while already inside a meeting on another server as well as big improvements to existing features as well as the addition of new features.

While Roubaix and Milano are down, you are automatically redirected to the next closest available server based on geolocation. You shouldn't notice any of this other than in the meeting info dialog inside the meeting where it would say on which server you're connected to.

We're running HA servers are rated at 1GB UP and DOWN with minor exceptions in hard to reach areas of the world.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. capsec

Thanks , but you have planned to do these improvements for when?..next month , February 2018? We need to know when because customer haven't much time to wait the changes, and they look for other products in the market for videocall purposes...I hope you make your improvements as soon is possible, I suggest to send an email periodically to all partners where you explain in detail your improvement and when you move it in production.
    In particular I need to know if it's necessary to open particular port on firewalls and what type of traffic is used for videocall.

Thanks

sip.bg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.