Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

WebRTC / WebMeeting not working in our Network

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vitaminc, Nov 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vitaminc

Hi,

somehow with V15 i get the following error when i try to access WebRTC from our Office:
    Connection to the server failed

It's using 3cx.net.
    It's working fine when i use the same WebRTC Link on my machine at home or somewhere else.

So it seems there is some trouble with the 3CX-WebRTC access in our Company. Firewall don't show any blocks or filters also if i do a PASS-ALL RULE on the Firewall it's still not working. We do not have any trouble with SSL or any other websites.

Maybe i should run Wireshark to get some more details.
    Any more ideas?

Thank's

2. vitaminc

forget to mention: V14 worked like a charme.

Is it possible that the webmeeting.3cx.net Server is blocking our Public IP ?

3. RSCAustria

Sadly for some reason they removed the WEBRTC in v15 so now you have to go through the wierd way of create a webmeeting link see topic http://www.3cx.com/forums/webrtc-45223.html this does not work even remotely as well as the v14 WEBRTC,

From the amount of posts regarding the removal of the WEBRTC I do hope that they will understand the importance of this we have just upgraded to v15 but now we will have to do a downgrade to v14 as we have over 500 clients that are using the WEBRTC function...We do not have the development resources to re-adapt to the new ways in v15 and the webmeeting version obviously have bugs when being used as RTC.

So please whomever it concerns at 3CX you have a fantastic product but you can not remove such a essential part of your product as the WEBRTC without making a big announcement of this in the release notes. I understand that you are looking in to reintroduce this function and I beg you on my knees to do this fast as there is several functions in v.15 that is better.

Kindest regards

4. vitaminc

Very strange..

If i click the Webmeeting Button in 3CX Windows Client my Browser starts with a URL called: https://xxxxx.3cx.net/webrtc/join/blablablubx4534

I get the following error:
    Connection to the server failed

Checked from several machines. My own machine has access to all ports and URL's, no Firewall-Filter, nothing.
    I cannot find any issue with our firewall.

It doesn't matter if i use the URL from the Windows Client or the URL from Settings -> Conferencing = same error.

Somehow the same URL (https://xxxxx.3cx.net/webrtc/join/blablablubx4534) on a completely different Internet access (different public IP) is working fine.

This makes no sense to me so that i think that 3CX.net is blocking our Public IP or Webmeeting needs any special firewall configuration, don't know.

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Vitaminc,

If you could PM me your license key to take a look, that'd be great.
    Also you're not blocked on webmeeting.3cx.net.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. vitaminc

Webmeeting is working now.
    We had an internal issue with the DNS resolution of 3cx.eu.

If you create a forward lookup zone you need to add all the xxxx.3cx.eu as hosts.

7. roadwings

There is another problem that can cause this issue, you need to open port 5001 on your firewall for webmeeting to work. See this thread for more details and thoughts... post185518.html

We have not opened this port, because that would open up the admin login interface to the world, and that is just unnecessary. Previous versions of 3CX (which were functionally superior) allowed the installer to configure ports to their desire, which is no longer the case. I miss the fine grained install and network control that previous versions of 3CX allowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.