• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

WebService Authenticated

Status
Not open for further replies.

linking13

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
I have a flow designed in VAD that make a call to a Webservice on another machine that is authenticated but all the service of 3CX (v11) run as LocalSystem Account so there is a problem on making the call to the WebService.

The first solution that I've thinked is to change the account that start the service but the question is:

1) What is the service that manage IVR? Only 3CX PhoneSystem or other?
2) Can I assign to the user local full administrator privilegies to that account and all the rest of PBX feature works without problem?
3) Other possibile solution (unauthenticate WebService isn't a possible)

Web services are usually authenticated by passing over a login to a specific web service method, as the first thing to do, then a second request will actually use the service. This depends completely on the web service you are trying to use. I have not heard of web services using Windows authentication. If that would be the case why would it be a web service? Connections from outside of the Windows domain would not be able to use it..

Millsey

The problem is that the call to a WebService is included in an integrated system where the telephone process with VAD is one method offered to the end user. I don't know why the customer has preferred a WebService instead of other method and why he wants to authenticate the call using Windows Authentication, but the fact is that at the moment the calls made by the VAD are the same the other internal application or Web Site use and the customer don't want to redesign code only for this part of process.

At the moment I've found a workaround using a DLL that made a call with the authentication to the WebService enbedded, but if there is a solution using a direct call is better for all

I suggest the original method is flawed from an integration and security point of view. It simply is not supposed to be done that way. Therefore you may not get a solution without having (for example) a proxy server in the middle which is authenticated to Windows.

I undertand. The problem is not limited to 3CX but is a global problem of choice of configuration done by customer and were I have no control.

I have found a WorkAround using a DLL (BTW made by the customer) and everything works fine, the original project and the 3CX flow has no problem and the customer is happy. So I think that for this case this is the only possible solution.

Thanks for your support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.