Solved Weekend Routing Rules

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Andy Veal, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Veal

Hello,

We have routing in place with an IVR that works fine Mon-Fri, however on the weekend a number of the lines/groups are dead as there are no staff to cover the groups.
    But the customer can still select the group option from the IVR.

Is there any way i can set up new rules just for Saturday and Sunday to route all calls to a particular ring group or will I need a new IVR for this?

I was thinking,
    -Set up a ring group called "ALL"
    -Configure system wide out of office hours for the weekend/Or configure system wide Holidays
    -Assign out of office rules for each DDID to route to ring group "ALL" during out of office hours

Although its not technically out of office hours I think this may the only way but I may be wrong and Im sure i'm missing something.

Andy V

#1 Andy Veal, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

3. Andy Veal

Have pro edition, is this something I need to download?

I only have access to the PBX, is there way to do this in the PBX as per thre above idea for holidays/out of hours?

4. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

5. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Andy Veal

If i got your requirements right, you may be able to do something using the destination if no answer of the Ring Group.
    So let's say IVR's option 1 routes to this Ring Group that only works Monday to Friday. Is this right?
    Now what happens during Monday-Friday if a call is not answered? What is your Ring Group's destination if no answer? Will this destination be the same during weekends? If yes, problem's solved. Now in case the destination if no answer is different in weekends, then you can set the destination to a dummy extension and use the forwarding rules of that extension to route calls based on time/day/status. Does this make sense with your setup?

6. Andy Veal

if I don't have access to the server is there any way to do this in the PBX?

7. Andy Veal

Hi Marios,

The ring groups generally go back to the IVR if no answer.

We have around 5 ring groups
    each take specific types of calls during the week.
    At the weekend staff are very flexible so some staff assigned to the ring groups may not be in.

So i need a different rule just for sat and sunday so that any option pressed on the IVR goes to an "ALL" group.

Using my suggestion above of setting u p the weekend as a "holiday" would this work?

8. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You can set the weekends as out of office hours and route calls accordingly. But during weekends will you want to play the prompt and give the same options or you'll pass the call directly to the ALL Ring Group without the prompt?

9. Andy Veal

would like the same options but routed the one ring group for all options.

So against each ring group set to route calls to the 'all" group out of hours??

10. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Since you want to play the prompt, you'll need to create two IVRs. One inOfficeIVR and one outOfficeIVR. Select the same prompt for both IVRs but set all options of the outOfficeIVR to route to the ALL Ring Group.
    Now just set your in office and out of office hours and point your DID to inOfficeIVR during office hours and to outOfficeIVR during out of office hours.

11. Andy Veal

if I don't want to play the prompt, could I..

Set the weekends as Holidays and route calls to the 'all" group during holidays?

as it states:

Configure Holidays
    System will be switched to Out Of Office hours mode on these days and times

12. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Holidays are configured for specific days or range of days with the ability to repeat every year. It's not designed to be scheduled for weekends. Why not set the Office hours leaving the weekends as out of office?
    Can you please clarify the following:
    What are the office hours during weekdays and during weekends?
    Where are calls routed after office hours during weekdays and during weekends?

13. Andy Veal

Ah, thanks,
    I think setting up the office hours first and then leaving the weekends out will be the option.

the office hours during the week are Australian hours. same at weekend but different team members in the office

14. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

During weekdays, after office hours, where will your calls be routed to? To the ALL RG as well?

15. Andy Veal

The calls at the weekend should be routed to the "ALL" ring group.

16. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What about when out of office during weekdays? Where will the calls be routed?
    The reason i'm asking this, is because the PBX will not differentiate these two cases if you want to route differently.
    So lets say that on Monday the working hours are 08:00-17:00. if a call comes in at 18:00 where should it be routed to?

17. Andy Veal

at the moment its routed to the voicemail box for the group if no answer. I'm trying to avoid changes the rules every time the weekend comes around.

But I can set the ring group "all" to go to a voicemail if no answer.

That way on weekday out of hours a call will come in, be routed the 'all" group and then to the voicemail if no answer.

Should i set up specific office hours for each trunk or just set up the hours in settings?

#17 Andy Veal, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  18. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

OK then, this should work. Now for specific hours, if there are no differences between trunks, then just change it system wide in settings.

19. Andy Veal

Just had another thought, as currently there are no office hours configured.
    If i set up system wide Mon-Fri as 00:00 until 23:59 as office hours but don't add any office hours for Saturday and Sunday then these days will automatically be treated as out of hours correct?

The office is based in Bangkok fielding calls from all over Australia.

20. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes that's right, but if you set Mon-Fri as 00:00 until 23:59, then calls will be routed to the IVR all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.