• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Weird Office Hours behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

dottydot

Free User
Reaction score
Im running 16.0.9 on Linux.
I dont have any office hours set up, none in the Global Settings, none in the Trunks, none in the extensions.
This is a default installation, for proof of concept.
I do have an Inbound rule for the DID that says ""Destination for calls outside office hours" voicemail"", and I dont have any specific hours on that rule.
Somehow, it is 8:50 PM local time here, and Im testing external calling the receptionist number and they go to Voice Mail.
If I change the Inbound Rule to ""Destination for calls outside office hours" Extension XX"" then the receptionist rings.
So that rule is the culprit, but I cant find how 3CX knows what the office hours are, because I didnt specify any.

Are there any defaults office hours specified somewhere else?

Hi Dottydot,

It's really wondering about the flow that you mention. Can you generate the report for your test call ?? if possible share the screenshot of that particular test call.

Thanks,
RA.

Hi Dottydot,

It's really wondering about the flow that you mention. Can you generate the report for your test call ?? if possible share the screenshot of that particular test call.

Thanks,
RA.
Would you be able to guide me which report you want to see? Also, which particular screenshot(s)?
Thanks

Hi,

please see the following that i mentioned you to generate the call report.

1627955451490.png

Hi,

please see the following that i mentioned you to generate the call report.

View attachment 23320
The only problem is that I dont feel confortable putting the report online. The only additional information in the reports to what I already explained would be the actual phone numbers Im using for testing. Can you suggest where should I look to fix my issue?

Yes, We Understood your explaination and seems it quite ubnormal but the call report may help to find the root cause of your issue. Just simply generate and take a screenshot of that particular call that went to voicemail like my following image.

1627964537696.png
Thanks,
RA.

Reactions: ConceptsWeb
@dottydot

If you're 100% sure there are no Office hours set anywhere on the PBX, what I would recommend doing before investigating any further is making sure that the 3CX PBX has not been accidentally forced Out of Office.

From any extension, just dial *64 which is the default dial code for switching it back to default office hours. If it works, you should hear a message saying that 3CX is now using the default office hours. If you do not hear this, access the Management Console, go to "Settings >> Dial Codes" and check what the "Force 3CX Phone System to IN or OUT of office" dial code is set to and dial that instead.

@dottydot

If you're 100% sure there are no Office hours set anywhere on the PBX, what I would recommend doing before investigating any further is making sure that the 3CX PBX has not been accidentally forced Out of Office.

From any extension, just dial *64 which is the default dial code for switching it back to default office hours. If it works, you should hear a message saying that 3CX is now using the default office hours. If you do not hear this, access the Management Console, go to "Settings >> Dial Codes" and check what the "Force 3CX Phone System to IN or OUT of office" dial code is set to and dial that instead.
That was the problem !! the system was set to force Out of Office. Thanks a lot !!

Reactions: ChrisC_3CX
You're very welcome!

Glad to hear this got sorted swiftly!;)

Reactions: Cal4care | RA
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.