Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Weird warning for unsupported phones after SP4 Update

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by technigogo, Mar 29, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. technigogo

I did the Linux 8 to 9 (Stretch) update last night on a hosted OHV system. It went flawlessly so thank you for the script. The Speech to Text is really good.

I now have a status on the dashboard with a red exclamation symbol beside "Phones".

If I click this symbol, I get a box that reads,

"You are using Unsupported phones or phones with custom templates which may cause issues.
    For a list of supported IP Phones visit this page."

But, I don't have any custom templates nor any unsupported phones as far as I can tell. Where can I find more information on what is throwing this warning?

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. technigogo

Interestingly, last night after the update, I did not have any phones out of date. However, after your post, I went to make a screenshot to show you that they are all current and now, I do have a firmware out of date. I will get that one updated and report back if that turns off the warning. I am skeptical since the status check would have to have known there was a FW update when the Phone screen did not. Regardless, I will report back afterwards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. technigogo

UPDATE:

I updated the firmware and the warning remained. I found what was causing it though.

SOLUTION: If you have ANY modified phone templates saved in your system, even if you are NOT using any of them, it will cause that warning to appear. I deleted the old modified templates that I no longer even used, and the warning changed to a green check mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.