Welcome email error message

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sms_newb, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sms_newb

I'm trying to provision the 3CX Assistant using the URL in the Welcome Email.

The problem is when I try sending a welcome email to the email address for an extension, i get the following error.

[​IMG]

Why is this?

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello,

It is because you need to enter 'proper' SMTP information for your mail server. The defaults are not setup to work.
    Change this to your mail server SMTP info under Settings > General > Mail Server you can also add Login info for authentication if needed.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sms_newb

Thanks very much!

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

SMTP should not be secured also - will not work with TLS/SSL security

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. WatIZIT

My Exact Message - Update i have even gone to Google and extended my Push API, still did not work, 2nd time this has happened, password/no ssl checked, tried port :587, using V12 on Win2008R2 on AWS, Restarted SMTP Service/3CX & Server, Ports checked, nothing and i needed this today :-((

Is there a MAPI Application that can be recommended as this is so unreliable

FIXED or SOLVED
    Anti Virus Access Protection caused the blocking of emails - edit the rule, save and test, test, test until you get it right
    Look in event log Application - Source McLogEvent Event ID:257 for msg "blocked by port blocking rule" :D :eek: ;)
    PDF: Using McAfee VirusScan Enterprise - PAGE 21
    http://www.hawaii.edu/itsdocs/win/vse87i.pdf

Give me *****

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.