Welcome email not received

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Carl B, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl B

We've got an installation of V15.5 which is having trouble sending emails to a single user, all other accounts seem to get the email but this user doesn't receive anything. (using 3CX SMTP server)

I've tried:

• Checking and re-checking the email address field for that account
    • Looking at spam filter logs (nothing there for that account, success on other accounts)
    • Looking at SMTP logs on our side (also nothing there for that account, success on other accounts)
    • Checking settings for 3CX SMTP server
    • Checking local 3CX server logs, which don't appear to have anything as it would be handled by 3CX SMTP Server
    Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this further?

Thanks,
    CB.

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Carl B

Can you try the following and provide some feedback?
    • Try sending an email to that email address from a different email client. Not through 3CX. Can you receive it?
    • Try setting that email address while generating a call report. Is the email delivered in this case?
    • Try creating a new/fresh extension and set this same email address. Does it get the welcoming email?

3. Carl B

hi @mariosM_3CX, thanks for the quick response.

I've tried your suggestions,

Sending an email to that account from another address succeeded. (we tried from an external source just to be sure)
    I set the account as the recipient of a call report, unfortunately no email was received.
    A new extension was set up with the same email address, unfortunately no email was received either.

There appears to be nothing in the SMTP or anti-spam logs on this end for the tests performed!

4. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Could it be that your receiving mail server does not accept attachments? try sending again a test email from another address but include a 3cx config file as an attachment.

5. Carl B

Interestingly I tried setting the user's extension email address as my own, which worked.

I then forwarded him the email from my email account and an external email account and both emails were delivered successfully, at least we have the 3cxconfig file now!

When returning the email address field to the correct email address field, the welcome email is no longer delivered to that account.

The user in question receives email with attachments frequently from many other sources and has policies applied from a group that affects many other users, so I'm unsure why this particular user would have problems. With nothing showing up in our SMTP or anti spam logs, it's difficult to pinpoint a cause! It doesn't look like the email ever gets as far as our email systems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.