Welcome email not sending - other emails ok

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alex22alex, Aug 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex22alex

Hi,

We cant resend, nor do any of our agents ever get a welcome email so they can use 3CX client. We running V15 and its confusing as other emails send correctly like extensions being registered, ips blocked etc so i dont think its email server settings.

I have though check our server logs to see if its being spammed and thats also not the case. So i am stumped any ideas dudes ?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @alex22alex

Since you get emails regarding that server status i would assume that the mailer is blocking emails with attachments as the other emails do not include attachments. So i would start from there, and make sure that attachments are not blocked on the mail server.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

4. alex22alex

Hello Dudes,

I have tried my work smtp server and i have also tried my personal gmail account and the welcome email does not send on either though the test and other emails do.

One thing i notice is the email template is blank in 3CX for "ext.Agent Welcome" though "Extension Welcome" is fine. The extensions that i am testing with are all local.

I have also created a brand new extension, in case it was just an issue with resending old emails.

Thanks. Alex

Attached Files:

5. daneke

You checked junk mail?

6. alex22alex

@daneke yep as i said in my first comment i have checked to see if its being spammed

7. Brian Cross

Brian Cross New Member

If using gmail I think you need to enable less secure apps if I'm not mistaken.

nb likes this.
  8. alex22alex

9. Brian Cross

Brian Cross New Member

I think I had to go into settings/parameters and change the port number. It's been a while sorry.

10. alex22alex

I've set the port number ok for Gmail( didn't seem to be needed for normal email server) and I'm getting email notifications for things like trunks / extensions connecting so don't think it's issue with the sever?

11. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You have to check on this one yourself. Voicemail emails are received for example? with attachments? Configure an extension with these settings from extension settings and leave a voicemail to this extension. See if the mail goes.
    The welcome email contains an attachment. Maybe there are some settings related to this. You have to go inside your mail provider and sort this out yourself. Nothing to do with 3CX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Carlson Leung

Hi,

I got a message after downloading the 3CX about contacting the system administrator for the Welcome Email. Do I send an email to info@3cx.com?

Thanks
    Carlson

13. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The welcome email will be come from the administrator of the PBX you wish to have an extension on. You'll need to contact them.

14. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Carlson Which 3CX product did you download? Based on your description it looks like you downloaded a client app. This is the server forum.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. Carlson Leung

sorry.... my bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.