Welcome music - how?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mara Am, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara Am

How to have "welcome" music, meaning music plaing until someone (call group or queue) picks up. I've tried receptionist, saying "If no input within seconds => extension" but it doesn't seem to work. Any idea?

2. ppickens

You would need a paid version I believe and use a call queue as your first stop in a ring strategy.

Use the music on hold prompt below, please make sure you adhere to the 3cx wav format listed in the link below the screen cap.

upload_2017-7-14_16-41-52.png

https://www.3cx.com/docs/converting-wav-file/

Then voila, you have your intro music. If you want a verbal prompt at the beginning use the Play Intro Prompt option shown. Please make sure to use the same wav file formatting. 3CX is very picky with the formatting post v15 SP2.

3. Mara Am

Hi!
    I'm on v15.5, windows, pro version (no support), but I believe there is a bug or something because I cannot get it to work.
    My setup is simple, Call-Queue Definition:

- polling strategy (priorized hunt, also tried ring all)
    - ring time 30 seconds
    - DID: xxxxxx
    - music on hold: set, USProgresstone.wav
    - play intro prompt: unchecked
    - Announce Queue position to caller: unchecked
    - agents: 11, 12 (both are green - available).

when I dial xxxxxx, I get "there are no available agents...".

If I move the DID to a Call-Queee profile I've setup before, with identical parameters and agents, I hear a prompt saying "please hold while I transfer your call", and the onhold.wav starts playing, even though the profile says it should play "USProgresstone.wav". So my settings are ignored. Where does "please hold while I transfer your call" come from? Any idea why are my settings ignored?

Thanx

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Mara Am

Please navigate to extensions and highlight the desired extensions and the click on status. Make sure that the agents are available and logged In under Queue status.

5. Mara Am

Yeah, that did it - thanx!
    Can I somehow have all the connected extensions available in queue by default as well (as agent)

#5 Mara Am, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.