welltech 2540

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by binaryhealer, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. binaryhealer

hi all

i have a welltech 2540, i am currently learning 3cx to prepare for an implementation. the GW has 4 FXO ports, i would like to be able to create 4 outgoing rules in 3cx, e.g dial 9 + nos goes out of port 1. 8 +nos goes out through port 2 etc. i used the auotprovisioning to confirugure the welltech, but it seems to bind all 4 ports to be used.

any help will be welcomed.

B

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That is probably the default configuration, using all four lines as one trunk group. Someone else will have to provide a definitive answer as to whether or not that gateway will allow each port to be configured as an individual trunk, which is what you want.

Generally gateways allow this in one of two ways, each PSTN line is accessed using its own port number (common IP for the device), or by using a unique prefix on each number sent to it.

Not having used Welltech, I don't know, if it will work, or, if it does, what method it uses. You may have to manually create the trunks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.