• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

What are extension *1 and *0

Status
Not open for further replies.

regfixit

Reaction score
I was using verison 5 OK and had dial rules set up so if I used prefix *1 it forced PSTN line instead of default VOIP line. After upgrade this no longer worked. I just happened to notice today in start up log that two extensions get registered that I have not set up. These are *1 and *0 so I presume these are preventing my dial rules from working.

What are these extensions for ?

Also, is there a way to search the forums literally because I tried to search using Ext.*1, but it interpreted the * as a wildcard and refused the search as too common ! I tried "Ext.*1" but that didn't work either.

Sorry, but I could not find any mention in the manual (3CXPhoneSystemManual6.pdf) about call park and hold and in the General settings area there is a dial codes sections, but it is greyed out ?

Yes I have free version, but then would have thought these extensions not active in my build. Probably not easy to do that and I'm not complaining as after all it is all free. I think I can edit the 3cxphonesystem.ini file directly to change these extension numbers or change my outbound dial rules to use *3 instead :mrgreen:

Thanks for your help and information with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.