• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

What happens when maintenance expires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrated

Reaction score
I already know that webmeeting is no more accessible and the fqdn from 3cx will be removed. But will the phone system completely stop working if the fqdn will not be changed to a own one? Of course any remote phones will stop working and it cant be administered over https but what happens with i.e. SIP trunks?

And is it possible to just use a self created Letsencrypt certificate and any DDNS based subdomain in order to continue to use i.e. remote phones? (Still no Webmeeting, Updates yes i know. I am just curious how this works)

Last edited:
If you have a perpetual license the phone system will continue to work (without the features you mentioned and some other things like firmware/template updates, etc). If you have an annual license everything will stop working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.