What hardware are you using with your 3CX installations?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hogan71088, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogan71088

As above, are you buying PC's/servers/appliances. Are you using RAID? dual PSU's? What type of processors/how much RAM.

Anyone care to share?

2. Frank D

Frank D New Member

We are running it on a Windows Server virtual machine on VMware with ESX, allocated 32 GB of RAM and two CPU cores. We have a 64 concurrent call licence, not many conferences and softphones, not webmeeting in use yet.
    The machine sometimes uses all the 32 GB of RAM and a minimum of 9 GB. Maybe some configuration could be optimised. I would be interested in RAM usage. The ISS service is consuming like 90% of this RAM in our setup.

3. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Whoa 32GB of ram?!? Would like your hardware budget;)

Using ESXi with 4GB / 2 vCPU / IIS. With 64 license. For the last couple years. Though no more than 15 calls at one time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Do you use the webmanagement interface for management? In our setup we have to und it looks like this causes much of the ISS load, especially concerning CPU usage.

We will digg into this. But RAM doesn 't cost licensing fees for ESX, so the cost implications are minor. Running it smoothly is a bigger priority for us.

5. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Yes we use web mgmt. How else could you manage??

It is more HW resource allocation and charge back for us. If you have the means then certainly don't hold back.

I should mention I am still on v12 with no CPU issues with IIS. I assume you are running v14.x? Did you build your host from v14?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. LyonAdmiral

I'm using a 4 Simultaneous Call Edition (Non Pro) virtualized inside of Hyper-V on Windows 7 Pro using Abyss with 512 megs of RAM. I'm sure my installation and my environment is an outlier being a small school.

7. hogan71088

I suppose to answer my own question, I have used a system with an Intel G3250 with 4gb of RAM with an 8SC license, I've also used an E3-1220 with 8gb RAM and raid 1 for the OS at the customers request.

8. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Via the native app and remote desktop.

Interesting that you don't need as much RAM. We are already restarting the ISS page every night, but this didn't change things. How many extensions so you have?

The system I am talking about is V12, too. V14 is just a small test server. No real load yet.

9. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

What "Native app" is being referred to for Management?
    You must be using an old version - as this was removed... Unless you have a secret you would like to share. :D

10. Frank D

Frank D New Member

11. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

I have ~180 extensions.

(Knock on wood) I don't have any IIS issues. If you want to send an system info summary maybe the forum can assist is troubleshooting.

12. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I missed that footnote... I thought it wasn't in v12 either. Maybe I heard it was going away and just started using the Web Management tool instead...

13. aberry

aberry New Member

I have a 64 SC License, about 200 phones.

Running on a Server 2012 R2 VM(Hyper V Gen2), Hyper-V Cluster. Cluster Storage is SSD (HGST s842). I'm running 4 CPUs and 4 Gig memory and everything is good. A little confused about how 3CX could use 32gig of RAM. It's been a couple months since I did updates / reboot and I am using 1.8 gig of memory total for the system. ~315 meg is IIS, and ~130 meg is the 3CX PhoneSystem Application. Resource usage has always been really low.

14. brentkhack

We are using an AMD 8320E cpu, with 4GB of ram, 128GB SSD, and Windows 7 Pro 64 bit for the 8 license and it runs just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.