Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

What IP Phones do 3CX run in-house and why ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ziptalk, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Just a random question that I'd be interested to know and surprised hasn't been asked before.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

They use I-Phones because of their 1337 skillz.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

do you have a link ?

4. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Them using Snom, as I know.

5. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Thanks Igor.

Out of interest what IP Phones are your preference, and why ?

:) I'm feeling nosey. I'm interested to know what is the driver for decision on IP Phone, is it the client, is it a visual thing, a functional thing, a features thing, or even a reputation thing, or a cost thing ? Lewis

6. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Hmm... This is very country dependent. Some world known brands are not reachable at Ukraine at all, for example.
    At Ukraine we have strong distributors only for Dlink, Grandstream and some small firms that importng Linlsys. Personally I distribute some noname brand Hanlong http://www.hanlongtek.com/. But in serious projects I always prefer Grandstream, because them make both gateways and phones. Also, the prices here is acceptable for us. Companies cannot afford to pay more than 100$ for phone here.

Grandstream is very high quality and functional phones for its price!

I found new Grandstream GXP280 very good phone for all of my projects (80$). So I always take 1-3 GXP2010 for management and GXP280 for others.

7. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Price is probably a key factor in any locale I would imagine, I think I might try the Grandstream as a budget Phone, the SNOM 300 as a basic and SNOM 320 as a standard. It looks like the buget Grandstream is comparable to the 320 for half the price.

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We support all mainstream sip phones:

Grandstream, linksys, polycom, cisco, snom, aastra,

We use anything we support in house and of course our own softphone.

All phones have pros and cons. I will just mention the evident pros here to remain biased

Cisco / Linksys Speaking about budget phones, I think that these new Cisco phones ex 504G and linksys phones SPA are good price and perform real good.
    Then you have the polycom - These have really good audio quality. Sound on this phone is crystal clear. With provisioning scripts, these phones are completely hassle free and very powerful.
    Snom phones are strict on RFC compliancy - so you know that if something is wrong, 95% of the time the snom is correct and the problem is elsewhere.
    Grandstream - Easy to configure (the easiest of all) and cheap. Yes there is this site on the web : http://www.grandstreamsucks.com/ :p however today's grandstream firmware is much better than that of 1 year ago. My opinion has changed a lot to the better on grandstream personally - In my opinion it is a good phone and performs very well. This phone has made huge progress.
    Aastra - These have nice design, and some of them have very nice display. I think that aastra's have the nicest sidecars. Audio quality is also good.

The phones you can buy below 100$ are grandstream, cisco, linksys. Ive seen a Cisco SPA942 4-line IP Phone with 2-port Switch at 50$ :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.