What is missing to be nearly perfect (for me)**DISCUSSION

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rico06, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rico06

rico06 New Member

For me there is small thing needed:

3CX Phone and assistant for iphone, ipad, and soon WM7 (or before WM 6.5
    it strange to be certified microsoft and not having application for windows mobile !!

but I have to sy that version 9 is nearly fantastic

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Re: What is missing to be nearly perfect (for me)

Considering that the smartphone market is currently selling in the following order:

* Blackberry
    * iPhone
    * Android
    * Windows Mobile

I wouldn't put much resources into Windows Mobile development when it is by far the smallest segment of the smart phone market. Blackberry's typically just don't have the horsepower to run a SIP Client well with their much smaller displays would make an assistant app harder to use, I can see not doing that first.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jmatson

jmatson New Member

when are we going to get a iphone app? ya there are others out there. but seem to be a pain to configure.

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

At the reseller training they said it was coming soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rico06

rico06 New Member

ok blakbery is the first but forget it
    second iphone but you did android first
    and WM you dont like !

exchange for me is not complete in the iphone dont know what it is for android

I regret your choice !!!

6. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Touchdown for Android is an awesome Exchange Client. Exchange works fine in Android 2.1 unless you have more than about 10 folders, this is supposed to be fixed in Android 2.2, in the meantime, Touchdown for $20US works flawlessly.

Keep in mind that 3CX is a Microsoft shop, so doing development on Android makes sense since you can do that on Windows. To do development for iPhone requires Macs and people that know that language. Better to get you feet wet supporting something that you can do easily versus having a much steeper learning curve and requires more hardware purchases just to develop for it.

While you may not think it was the best decision, I can completely understand why they would go this route.

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Probably you have seen this already - but for those who did not.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg

3CXPhone for Android is already uploaded. :)
    3CXPhone for iPhone is on the way. Currently in testing. Will be available soon. Will work on Ipad too.

Windows mobile - Irrelevant of whether we are Microsoft certified or not. Lets not go there. Lets see when the already late WM7 will do when it is released in November and then we will see. We work only with what is best in the market. You cannot compare speed of windows mobile 6.5 to that of android can you?

8. rico06

rico06 New Member

I dinde zée thé android version
    Thé perce 3cx phone should be with assistant included shopping extension statut minimum for iPhone &ipad and wm (I Knowles it ont your priorité)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.