• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

what is required to used a SIP phone behind a NAT router

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefinisher

Reaction score
I have 3CX PBX behind a NAT device and SIP phone that is located on another network be hind a NAT device. I have configured the firewall to forward ports 5060 UDP, 9000-9007 UDP 7000-7000 UDP to the 3CX PBX. I have configure the stun settings on the SIP phone to stun2.3cx.com.
the problem is that phone registered with the PBX but I get no audio when I make calls. what other settings are neccessary to for this case to work

Do you have Extension is External checked off on the ext settings in 3CX?

Show us a portion of the log (in debug) of a call. A lot of times in the log you see the remote extension using a non-routeable IP like 10.x.x.x or 192.x.x.x and its because your sip device has to be able to to give out its NAT ip and not its actual lan ip.

I was setting up a linksys PAP2 and it has a setting to use NAT IP and until I turned on that option my remote audio would not work because the server would attempt to open an audio channel to my remote using 10.x.x.x which was my remotes local lan ip, but that is not routable on the internet.

Good evening

You didn"t mention the location and network status of the SIP phone itself. Is there another firewall in front of the SIP phone? If so have you checked to ensure that it isn't blocking return traffic?

Take care,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.