What is the "3CX PBX updates" Checkbox for?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jono, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jono

I have just updated to 15.5.5 and I see on the updates page a checkbox (not currently checked) that says "3CX PBX updates." What is that checkbox for?
    3CX PBX updates Checkbox.jpg

By checking that, does that mean that the automatic updates will only include PBX updates and not phone firmware, etc? Or does it mean the opposite, or something else altogether?

I did a search, but I couldn't find the answer here on the forums or in the admin manual.

Thanks for your help.

2. Brad Cann

Brad Cann New Member

for 3cx pbx updates itself, that doesn't include sip trunks, phone firmwares, just 3cx itself.

3. Jono

Hi Brad. So, do I have this correct?

If the box is checked - Only the 3CX PBX will update and not the other updates.
    If the box is unchecked - The 3CX PBX will update and also the other items will update.

Is that right?

4. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Jono

Thanks for the link. It shows a screenshot, including that checkbox, but I don't see any indication in the text what the checkbox does. Is my above description correct, or am I still missing what that checkbox does when checked and when unchecked?

6. Brad Cann

Brad Cann New Member

Yes you are correct. For me personally, because the PBX is critical to the business, i don't want it auto updating, as i want to control when something as critical as the PBX updates at a time i choose, so i leave it unticked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.