What is the "include holidays" checkbox?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Lukas, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukas

Hi! Do you know what is the purpose of the "include holidays" checkbox?. It appears in the "Configure office hours" dialog box, top left, and in my case is always disabled (I do have some holidays set up). I searched the PDF manual for "include holidays" but couldn't find anything...

Thanks!

2. Shoults

Hi there,

The include holidays feature allows you to configure your holidays so if you set up a queue or something similar the PBX will know that the specific person is on holiday, so if calls come into the PBX for that specific person for example extension 104 is on holiday, how is routing configured and where the call will go next after whether it goes to another extension, a DR, voicemail etc

Not all forwarding rules may use include holidays so in those particular instances they are disabled.

You may configure holidays from settings> general > Holidays.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lukas

Ah, got it! Thank you so much!!

4. GJHmf

Hi,

Just so I also understand this; you're only able to include holidays at an extension level, not globally. Meaning I need to configure it for each and every extension.

What if I want to globally set a standard list of national holidays? Call it 'Global Holidays' for want of a better description. Would I still need to set it on a per-extension basis? If so, that's rather unwieldy.

Thanks,

GJHmf

5. abc123

abc123 Active Member

There is a "global holidays" option as you call it in the settings. This is where the OP had set up his holidays (such as Christmas etc.). The PBX uses that as the PBX status and puts it out of hours on those days.

But you can also override office hours for an extension and then as you are overriding you can also choose whether to include or not include the holidays as this override.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.