What line of phones do you recommend?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JMK, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMK

JMK

I know this is a really subjective question but if you're a long time partner the response could be even more meaningful to me. I am relatively new to the 3CX partner program but supported a competing product for several years. During that time we landed on Polycom as our primary phone line and Aastra as a secondary lower cost alternative for reasons developed over time.

What line of phones do you partners typically recommend? I would expect a model for receptionist, executive and low usage areas. If pricing is sometimes an issue what is your alternative line phones?

Thanks

2. billtodd77

A lot of people recommend Yealink, but I had a horrendous failure rate when I was selling them. When they weren't failing, I was having lots of call quality issues with them (particularly the T22 and T23s).

I wound up settling on the Snom D715. Good call quality, none that have failed me so far, and a good price.

3. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JMK

JMK

Thanks billtodd77
    Are you using just D715 or the entire line.

5. Brad Cann

Brad Cann New Member

I Recommend yealink. And call quality issues are almost always not a phone issue, more a network issue. Only had one with an issue thus far.

6. JMK

JMK

I'm fully aware of what is supported, what I'm interested in is what experienced people have settled on and why. Just because a phone is supported doesn't mean users or partners like them.

7. JMK

JMK

Brad,
    Can you tell me why you settled on Yealink?

8. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

I'm reselling Yealink and Fanvil for several years. The failure ratio is less than 1% on the basis of over 5,000 units sold.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. JMK

JMK

Great. So if cost is not an issue which one do you prefer to support and why?

10. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Yealink seems to be more prestigious and "heavy" looking. They resemble more Cisco line, especially high-end series. Fanvil has excellent price-performance ratio, especially latest X3s, X4(G), X6 with color displays and BLF buttons (X4(G), X5s, X6).

11. JMK

JMK

Thanks sip.bg
    That's the exact type of information I'm looking for.

Any others care to comment?

12. Brad Cann

Brad Cann New Member

They are relatively cheap, and looked the most like the LG Ipecs we had currently seeing as i work in a very Tech illiterate company, keeping things as close as possible to what was here was of high importance. Considering what i would call the executive grade phone (T46G) is ~ $300 and the normal user phone is ~$170 i considered that cheap. They were also compatible with our existing headsets with the EHS36 adaptor, so there was more money saved.

All up 50 handsets, 2 executive handsets, 3 Conference phones, and a 3cx permanent license with 16 concurrent call limit cost us just a smidge under $11,000 AUD. And we were finally out from being held to ransom by LG Ipec.

13. Martin.AIR

For me, Yealink 1st - Clients say it looks better. Plus it seems very well supported by 3CX (more than other supported phones)
    Then, Polycom - usually a re-use from their old system. I have some Aastra in, but don't like them.

In a ideal world, snom makes a great phone - I would sell those over everything else if they had looks and accessories.. Their firmware is way better than all the rest - for example they correctly beep when a second call is waiting from a ring group. Polycoms and Yealinks do not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.