What mini PC was in the video

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ucs1, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ucs1

2. peterke

will this atom based pc do for running a 3CX pabx for 5-10 users and 2 simultaneous calls?
    Requerements seem to be an i3 processor.

3. ucs1

In the Live Stream I believe they said up to 32SC systems (You may want to replay the Live Stream to verify for yourself, I have set it to start from the relevant section for you)

There has only been reference to using this with v15 and I couldn't comment on v14 as the architecture has changed for v15 which reduces overheads. I believe there were going to be some test results posted in the coming days.

4. andreaschr

Hi all

You need to ensure that it will come with 64bit windows .

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

It was also mentioned to prefer a 4GB RAM version.

6. AlexanderHanna

Hi, would a device like this with 2GB be recommended for and SBC?

Thanks,
    Alexander

7. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

I purchased one of the Wintel Pro devices, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DW1Z07Q/

It seems to work great, but there is one major issue - it does not power on after power loss. There is no setting in the BIOS to make it do so. Almost a deal breaker for me. Yes, you always want a UPS, but then when the battery dies you still have the issue. The VENSMILE with the built in battery is interesting, I will look at that, especially for use as an SBC in cloud deployments.

As to the RAM and CPU requirements - Based on what has been stated by 3CX I think v15 has significantly lower requirements.

If anyone finds a Windows 10 appliance that can be set to power ON after a power loss please let us know.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Regarding Windows 10 (as supplied with these machines), it is my understanding is that unless you are running the Enterprise Edition, updates will be downloaded and applied automatically. One reason I've avoided it altogether.

9. neville

neville New Member

I'm using the NexBox for both V15 SBC and V15 3CX for testing purposes. So far, both have worked very well. Voice quality seems to be much better on the V15 SBC to V15 3CX as opposed to the V14 SBS to V14 3CX.

The one I use has 4G Ram and 64G disk. It is the one that evowire post above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.