What password is my phone handset expecting with 3cx ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Julian Thompson, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julian Thompson

I have some spa921 and spa504g phones on 3cx.

When you attempt to look at a missed call on the phone it asks for a password.

I have tried the pin number on that extension from 3cx, I have tried the registration password from 3cx, I have tried the user web console password from the handset and I've tried the admin password on the phone web console. All with no joy!

What could the problem be?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It should be the User password, on the set.

3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Factory reset, you shouldn't need a password on the LCD screen. Was this a "recycled" phone that was locked to a provider before?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Julian Thompson

No there are 7 new handsets all the same, and 4 older spa921 handsets which all have the same issue.

5. 3cx

3cx

Leejor is most probably right, its should be the same as the one of the device.

Sigma1 makes a good point give a factory reset im using a SPA921 and i have never been prompted for password in the scenario you described.

Apart from what the guys recommended go in the web interface of you phone and check under Admin Login(top left corner)->Ext1 and check your settings there.

good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.