What Phones work with 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SKunge, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKunge

Hello, can someone tell me what IP phones work with this PBX. Include things like Make model and FIrmware.

Regards

Rob

2. Arnaud

Hi Rob,
    that list is almost endless. How many IP phones (SIP) are there ?
    A list of tested models can be found on the support pages, with information on how to set them up to correctly work with 3CX.
    http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/
    In addition to the mentioned Cisco 7940 I can share from own experience that the 7960 works great as well.
    Regards,
    Arnaud

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SKunge

Are there any phones that come SIP loaded so I don't have to do the loading of it?

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Any of the phones in the recommended list will work and come with SIP. No matter which phone you get you will have to program it. This is usually very easy. This can be done from either a web interface on the phone or through some type of provisioning where the phones will read a configuration file when they boot.

Phones I have and know work well with 3CX:
    Linksys SPA-942 - web interface and provisioned from 3CX. I think this is the best phone for the money.
    Polycom IP Series - I have 4 different models, web interface and provisioned from your own config files (not from 3CX yet). Only thing I don't like about the Polycom is they don't have music on hold (from 3CX) internally.
    Grandstream - web interface and provisioned from 3CX

Snom - I don't have these but reported to be very good. setup via web or 3CX provision.

The automatic (3CX or Polycom) provisioning requires a DHCP server, http/ftp/tftp server.

I hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. davidjeastiii

We are using the grandstream phones for one of our customers and are very happy with them. If you want a Wifi SIP phone, pirrelli makes a good one, we are using them in our office.

6. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

The grandstream are good for the price but I found the Linksys and Polycom have a better build quality and better sound.

But they all work so pick one that fits your budget.

7. Discovery Technology

We've been using Linksys SPA942 phones, SNOM phones and the Cisco 7940G phones (and ATA 186) - all work quite well so far.

The Ciscos are the trickiest as you'll almost always get them delivered running the SCCP version and it takes a bit of patience to upgrade them to the SIP version - there is no web GUI on them either, only basic telnet functions.

We have been using the following platform in this setup:

Win XP SP2, 3Com TFTP Server, IIS.

To upgrade the 7940 phones, we needed to keep the SEP[MAC].cnf.xml file out of the tftp root directory until the phones picked up their xmldefault.cnf.xml files first, otherwise they wouldn't upgrade.

OS79XX.txt
    P0S3-08-2-00.loads
    P0S3-08-2-00.bin
    P003-08-2-00.bin
    P003-08-2-00.sbs
    XMLDefault.cnf.xml

Once you have successfully partially upgraded the phone, you then add in the sep files...

ie:

SIP[MAC].cnf
    SEP[MAC]cnf.xml

and it should finish the upgrade - you should see the word SIP appear in the top right hand corner of the LCD screen when this finishes and you can monitor the process on the TFTP server screen.

We found that by configuring the second line as a pre-set dial to '888' or something similar for the call intercept was the only real way we could configure a soft button for 'call pickup'. We also found that we could only do this manually on each handset as opposed to adding it to the config files (hope this saves you some time one day if you're trying to modify the soft key menus on the phones)

8. acrumpton

We found the Grandstream GXP2000 even with latest firmware had poor sound quality.
    We upgraded to SNOM 320/360 and QoS much improved.

9. coelhopsi

I have been using 3CX with X-Lite and Intelbras Voiper (a desk phone manufactured in Brazil). Both work greatly with 3CX.

However, I had some problems with the softphone Zoiper (http://www.zoiper.com) when using the Voice Mail. It seems it had some problems to send DTMF tones to 3CX. Tried some configs but nothing worked. I then gave up and went to X-Lite... much better.

10. gpetrom

Hi

I am using Snom 320 and 360 phones with Patton Gateways great combination.
    I have tested also Aastra phones and they are also very good.
    Grandstream are cheap but with problems in voice quality and MWI.

11. foliveras2000

I've just installed 10 Cisco SPA 501g's on two 3cx systems... Painless! The only drawback: no LCD display, but otherwise, great sound and decent build quality for the price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.