What public STUN servers do you use? Having timeout issue.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by itathomeinc, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itathomeinc

I originally had mine set with the three default 3cx STUN servers (stun.3cx.com, stun2.3cx.com, and stun3.3cx.com). I kept getting the message, "STUN request to STUN server xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3478 has timed out; used Transport: x.xxx.xxx.xx:5060", constantly and they would flood my server activity log. Now I haven't had any issues at all with 3cx. Everything works perfectly. I'm just getting these annoying messages. I'm just wondering why my server activity log keeps getting flooded with this message. I recently changed the STUN servers to 1) stun.ekiga.net, 2) stun.fwdnet.net, and 3) stun.xten.com to see if that would fix this issue and it didn't. I have ports 3478, 5060, 5480-5488, and 9000-9049 open on my router. I'm using 3cx free edition to test out before purchasing a commercial license, but I don't think the free edition would have anything to do with my issue. Should I change the server timeout?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: What public STUN servers do you use? Having timeout issu

I've used a number (I think i have the xten one as the backup currently) and never really noticed any ongoing issue with any of them. Occasionally there will be some hiccups if one is down for maintenance but it usually does not go on for long.

3. willow

willow Member

Re: What public STUN servers do you use? Having timeout issu

I haven't had any issues with the 3cx stun servers. I do get some time outs but they are not affecting anything.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.