What to do when an extension is stuck

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tjabaut, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

I have run into this several times. the users extension shows that they are still on a call (most of the time to VM), and it cannot be terminated. All subsequent calls then appear to sound very staticy.

then only way that I have worked around this is to reset the services.

Are there any better ideas and why is this happening?b

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

notice the same thing on mine. version 5 and i have calls sticking on the line status page. Ive done the service reset thing but its kind of rubbish to have to do that?!

3. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Have you tried to reboot the phone? I've seen some issues where a simple phone reboot takes care of everything.
    Or is it really stuck in 3CX?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

Yeah Rob, I already tried it. When it happens it is truly stuck in 3CX.

5. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Which phones? Is this only when users call into VM or incoming/outgoing calls as well?

Do you see the Call Terminated status show up in the logs?

6. nateb

temp fix / work around

I've found a tempoary fix. The software shouldn't do this, but for now, this is what I do.

We are using an audiocodes fxo, if you login to your fxo, you can see it still thinks the line is active, so if you reset the channel, or reset the line, it frees it up in 3cx. I'm sure this would apply to any fxo.
    Good Luck, and let's hope then next version doesn't do this.

7. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

Yes we are also using an AudioCodes and I have been using this for the PSTN channel, but this problem that i am referring to in this post is in reference to an internal channel between 3CX and an IP phone getting stuck.

8. AldoLinares

AldoLinares New Member

Which phones? This happen to me but on my PSTN lines with a Grandstream GXW4104

9. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

Grandstream GXP-2000

10. paragondie

This is happening with Aastra 9133i phones also.

11. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

SPA941 phones too.

12. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

When I reported this, Archie said resetting the password on the extension was a workaround.

13. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

I wonder if this means that they're planning a fix, or not.

If not, a "reset extension" button like the "register line" button would be useful!

14. kustura

I have a problem where an extension gets "stuck" and it can make outgoing calls but cannot receive any incoming calls. It is a SNOM 360 with 3CX v.5, latest build of 3CX and latest bios on the phone. Also using AudioCodes mp-118 fxo gateway. The only way I have been able to resolve it is to restart 3CX services. Not sure why or when this happens, wasn't able to catch it immediately as it happnes, and it only happens to one extension right now. I tried rebooting the phone, didn't work. Registered it to another extension and it works fine. Re-registered it to its own extension and it exhibits the same problem. Tried re-registering the phone from phone interface, didn't fix the problem.

As far as Line Status interface, it sucks. Most of the time it shows extensions are busy or ringing when they are actually not in use, shows wrong lines in use, etc.

Seems to me that version 5 has all kinds of bugs in it that I've been spending WAAAY too much time troubleshooting. 3CX needs to help us spend less time fighting problems and more time selling the system. This is not working right now!!!

15. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

I agree. These BUGS need to be addressed IMMEDIATLY and far before any new feature are incorporated.

If these types of issues cannot be rectified quickly I am affraid that many small consultants such as myself will have to look for alternate products.

I really like this product, but when I promise a customer that VoIP will open up a world of opportunites and functionality for them WITHOUT sacrificing the RELIABILITY that they have always had from their traditional PBX's; I have to deliver. And it is not costeffective for me to keep GIVING AWAY my time correcting bug fixes.

16. colin2710

Hi there,

Yes it's happening to us too - VOIP incoming calls do NOT hang up (the two lights stay yellow), however this only seems to happen on some VOIP providers, NOT all!!!. The only way I can disconnect is to STOP and START the services

Is this a bug? - Is there a fix?

Regards - Colin

17. landfiets

landfiets New Member

as soon as I switched off the firewall in my router everything went better.
    So maybe that is a temporarely solution

18. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

Re:

I also get this on a Grandstream GXW4104 and Snom 300 Phones

19. kustura

I must disagree with you. Quite contrary, actually, mission critical system, whether its software or hardware, should not bring the business to a halt. When I have to reboot the phone system it takes a few minutes for everything to reset. Can you quantify lost opportunity, stress to 30 employees, loss of credibility to the reseller, etc when that happens??? I know I will not get a good letter of reference for the phone system installation from this customer!!! 3CX v.5 is not ready to be a mission critical system, it has way too many problems. I feel like I've been screwed by 3CX on this, you make me look incompetent to my customers with this product! AND, you are not commenting on this situation at all or giving us any kind of guidance on when these problems will be fixed, that is not a good channel policy. If I could I would yank this installation and replace it with a system that is guaranteed to work! I am pissed off! :evil:

20. paragondie

Our managers have also started a clock ticking on this project. If critical issues are not addressed and resolved by months end they are pulling the plug on this install and going with a proprietary installation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.