Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

What to do ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aRTx, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aRTx

Hi There,

I'm new in PBX.

I have a question.

If I use one sip server and one telephone line (landline) is there any way to have all of these working together with PBX?

To connect the VoIP phones in PBS I will use VoIP Linksys adapter but how to connect the Telephone line

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You have to use a gateway to connect a telephone line. The Linksys SPA3102 is an example of a device that contains both a ATA, for a phone, and a gateway, for a phone line.

3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

You need to keep this in mind. To use a POTS (traditional phone line) with your IP PBX you will need a GATEWAY with as many FXO ports as you need for each line. If you will be using a plain ANALOG phone in conjunction with the PBX you will need a GATEWAY with as many FXS ports as needed. In your case, if only 1 POTS line is involved, the Linksys SPA-3102 will offer you one FXO and one FXS port (plus 2 RJ45 in case you want to use it as a router as well).

If you consider adding more lines in the future look at the Grandstream GXW-4104 (4 FXO ports), or Patton (more $$$ same results).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.