• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

What to do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aRTx

Reaction score
Hi There,

I'm new in PBX.

I have a question.

If I use one sip server and one telephone line (landline) is there any way to have all of these working together with PBX?

To connect the VoIP phones in PBS I will use VoIP Linksys adapter but how to connect the Telephone line

You have to use a gateway to connect a telephone line. The Linksys SPA3102 is an example of a device that contains both a ATA, for a phone, and a gateway, for a phone line.

You need to keep this in mind. To use a POTS (traditional phone line) with your IP PBX you will need a GATEWAY with as many FXO ports as you need for each line. If you will be using a plain ANALOG phone in conjunction with the PBX you will need a GATEWAY with as many FXS ports as needed. In your case, if only 1 POTS line is involved, the Linksys SPA-3102 will offer you one FXO and one FXS port (plus 2 RJ45 in case you want to use it as a router as well).

If you consider adding more lines in the future look at the Grandstream GXW-4104 (4 FXO ports), or Patton (more $$$ same results).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.