Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

what voip services are recomended

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mtaks09, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtaks09

I have been trying to make my voip provider broadvoice work but no matter what I do
    It just seems to not work. I'm looking for a provider with a flat unlimited rate that works with
    3cx. Any ideas or suggestions would be appriciated

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Broadvoice is supported...http://wiki.3cx.com/voip-provider/3rd-party-supported

That is going to be the hard part. You're thinking something like Vonage or Magicjack, neither of which work directly with 3CX, or at least not without a great deal of work (and some duct tape and chewing gum). There are a number of regional cable/phone companies that offer unlimited VoIP plans but will still restrict service to the device that they provide. The majority of "open" VoIP providers charge per second/minute rates. There may be someone out there but it's going to be extremely rare.

3. mtaks09

Ok is there a provider that at least the inbound is flat rate and there is just a monthly fee

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There is a "free" inbound service, if you don't mind a number from Washington State, http://www.ipkall.com. You can link that to a free provider like SipPhone or any other VoIP provider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.