What's better? AudioCodes MP-118 or 2 Patton SN-4114?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by RobLloyd, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I have a client switching back to PSTN after some issues with voip and their ISP. They are getting 7 lines.
    What would be better, price no object, for 7 PSTN lines? Not terribly happy with the Grandsteam devices so that leaves Audiocodes MP-118 (or 2 MP-114) or 2 Patton SN-4114.

Thanks,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

I prefer Patton SN-4114 than Audiocodes MP-118.

My concern is the technical matter. Since support at 3CX side, Patton should be stronger than Audiocodes.

On the other hand, Audiocodes also the good gateway. Caller ID decode should be stronger than Patton's FXO gateway. However, Audiocodes' GUI changed long long ago, the support page of 3CX still post the very old version's instruction. Most of setting at that gateway had been changed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Thanks for the reply Ricky - I have used the MP-114 at another clients with pretty good luck and I did notice the instructions are different than what 3CX has but I worked it out.

You seem 50/50 on which one to pick? I haven't used Patton yet so I'm not sure which has better audio.

Can 3CX handle 8 lines over a 10/100 network?

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Patton, i'd say. Nothing wrong with the Audiocodes, however we just get better support from Patton. That said if you have a supplier that can really support the audiocodes you can give it a shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.