What's going on? 3CX, what gives?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by engin411, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engin411

engin411 New Member

Just upgraded from v14 to v15.
    I like the dashboard - that is the single biggest improvement I've seen 3CX make in the several years we've used this software. Very well done. I can think of improvements, but this makes the v14 dashboard seem like... well, 1990's.

But the rest of the GUI - c'mon. The display elements are too big - I have to scroll twice as much as in v14 just to see a list of phones.
    The color contrast is terrible - even when squinting, it is hard to determine which phone I have selected. I've checked on multiple computers, and while it varies slightly, wow, the colors are not nearly contrasting enough to make reading easy.
    I can't tell if I can select multiple phones or not by using the Shift key. v14 let me do that. Maybe it's possible in v15, but I can't see the color contrast enough to figure out if it's possible and whether I've done it or not.
    I'm factory defaulting and reprovisioning our Yealink T46G phones now. To assign a custom template to a phone - an irritatingly high number of clicks just to get that done. I am finding I have to do five steps: default the phone, assign it to an extension, upgrade the firmware, delete the stock template/add the custom template, then reprovision the phone. As far as I can tell so far, I have to do this individual phone by individual phone. Give me a break.

C'mon 3CX, there is not much "zero admin" here except for the dashboard. But even there, the System Status widget is really hard to understand because the colors are so washed out. Why doesn't that widget use deeply contrasting colors like the rest of the dashboard?

3CX, before you claim "zero admin", you have a lot to fix.

2. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Agree.

The phone provisioning is unnecessarily much more involved in v15 from previous versions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jms

jms

Valid.

Screen real estate is wasted, contrast makes reading difficult, provisioning and navigation is more tedious.

4. michaelf3cx

Agree with the wasted screen real estate, too much scrolling needed, functions disappear as you scroll down,(eg in the phones list, highlight the phone and scroll back to the top to update firmware etc). Color contrast is too soft, yes I guess the whole dashboard thing has to 'look nice' but do not forsake functionality, efficiency and logical layout for good looks.

5. sanketgroup

completely agree.

Only good thing in v15 is Dashboard.

Rest of the GUI is creepy.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like that ver 15 web admin in usable from a smartphone or tablet browser. It was frustrating and difficult to check status and make small changes on previous version.

Dashboard is very lite on data. Nice format but more data needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.