What's the actual cloud 15.5 cost?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by loulogix, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loulogix

I just created a google Cloud 3CX instance and I get google's pay for what you've used platform but
    I normally host very small $15 - $20 per month small and home business clients, So if i create an instance for
    each of those clients (can be well over 100) and each one uses 4 SC what will 3CX cost me per instance to resell or will it remain free and push me into 100 or more maintenance licenses?
    would a multi tenant be easier in my situation?

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

No multitenant version with 3CX v15 and up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

4. 3cxBora

Hi EddV123,

When you are running on AWS, how do you connect the remote phones to this? Have you used VPN when it's over 100 remote phones or SBC for 20 or less phones? Thanks.

5. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Hi 3cxBora,

Unfortunately VPN is not an option as with the hosted cloud platforms like AWS, Google etc you won't have access to anything on the local network where the server is located (bar the server itself).

Your options are remote STUN or SBC for the remote connections (SBC would be preferable).

The SBC for Windows & Linux support 50 extensions per device where the Raspberry Pi variant supports 20.

Where I have heard of people doubling up SBC's I have no experience of whether this works reliably, it would not be a supported configuration I can surmise that much.

If you want more than 50 extensions per 3CX instance I would probably look at moving it on premise.

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Even the SBC is the simplest form and correct answer, just as an correction, in Google can terminate VPN and in OVH when opting for an Cisco ASA. AWS I have to little knowledge to answer the question.-

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    eddv123 likes this.
  7. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

It looks like VPN has been added to AWS also:
    https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonVPC/latest/UserGuide/vpn-connections.html
    https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonVPC/latest/UserGuide/VPC_VPN.html

Thanks for the correction @StefanW it is good to know that they have now included this as I did not think this was originally supported.

One thing about the VPN connection however. SBC would give you the added benefit of plug and play provisioning (if using a "preferred" phone model like a Yealink, snom etc) which is fantastic if you have as you say a potential 50 phones.

If using a VPN this would not be an option and you would need to do something like DHCP Opt 66 Provisioning: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/dhcp-option-66/. PnP is only available within the same local LAN as 3CX or across the SBC.

One similarity you will have however is that like the SBC during calls the endpoints send Audio directly to each other (un-like STUN which requires PBX delivers audio to be enabled). This saves you on both bandwidth and overhead.

8. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.