Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

What's the difference between free version and Demo?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cd123, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cd123

Currently, I'm using the 3CXPSDEMO, which shows "Number of Simultaneous Calls" is 2. I tried to call 3 numbers with 3 extensions at the same time, and it was working. Is there any difference between free version and Demo? The free version has 4 simultaneous calls.

2. carolinainnovative

The demo license allows you to try the commercial features but limits you to two simultaneous calls. Or... is supposed to. If it gives you more than two, then it is your lucky day.

Comparison between the editions - see page 7/8 in this brochure:
    http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/3CXPhoneSystem_brochure.pdf

an older version is here, and is still mostly correct (with the exception of simul calls)
    http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/edition-comparison/

3. VoIP2Go

I am looking at learning 3cx from an old copy I have of 3CXPhoneSystem11.exe and have a few questions:

Is there a newer free version?

Is it within the licensing requirements to install the free version at more than 1 location?

Can the free version be used commercially?

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

The free version can be used in anyway you like wether for test purposes or commercially. Due note you are limited to two concurrent calls that includes internal calls. So if you get any kind of call volume than the free version will not work due to the 2cc limit..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.