• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

What's your preferred installation method?

Which install have you found that works best. Reliable and best call quality.

• Dedicated Debain/3CX box.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Dedicated Windows/3CX box.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Virtualized Debian/3CX

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Virtualized Windows/3CX

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Cloud instance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non dedicated physical install on your server or other office hardware. Shared resource.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RodSlinger

Reaction score
I'm testing this out and so far have installed using the Debian/3CX iso on a Hyper-V VM inside Windows Server 2012r2. I haven't yet tried to install it directly on the server core or on the VM for the domain controller.

My first VM was set running two processors and 2048mb of RAM. I only had four users for testing but did encounter a kernel panic this morning and it noted it ran out of memory. I upped the RAM for 4096 to see how it changed things.

For others out there that have tried more than one variation, which one seemed to work the best for you?

Dedicated box with Debian/3CX, dedicated Windows box, Debain VM or Windows VM?

Thanks for your input.

We're using a Windows virtual machine in production that's been very stable. At the time we deployed Debian was not an option. Would be interested in hearing from others, particularly those that have or are planning on moving from Windows to Debian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.