when i hung up, phone is going on ringing :-(

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tugi2o, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Tugi2o

Hi,

i have a problem:

when i call someone with 3CX phone over my VoIP provider, there are no problems and everything is working fine.

BUT if the person, i have called, doesn't respond my call, his phone is ringing. When i hung up my Phone and end/stop the call, his phone is still ringing and ringing and ringing :(

Does anyone have an idea, how to solve this problem?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well that stops them from ignoring your call, gotta be happy about that :).

This has to do with the call progress tones, these tones are telling the called party that the call is ended. Normally these are set at the side of each device.

question:
    The phone you are rining is on your network? I know you mentioned PSTN line but I want to ask the question anyway.

Does the person you call have this problem only with you or is it also with other calls?

There are two options:
    - Call disconnect is not send through.
    - on hook and off hook is not configured correctly

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Your phone should send a BYE message. Assuming it does that , maybe your VOIP provider is not sending the BYE message to the receiving phone. Or the receiving phone is ignoring that message

Try using a supported VOIP provider and see if the problem persists.

Post the server status logs next and tell us which provider you are using and what phones are being used on both ends.

4. Tugi2o

Where can i change the settings for on hook and off hook???

If i use 3CX Phone directly connected with my VoIP provider it all works fine.
    My problem with ringing after hung up appears only when i use 3CX Phone System.
    I am sure that this problem didn't appear with the older version (2.0).
    My VoIP-provider is "Arcor" from Germany.

Arcor sais: "Antwort: Arcor verwendet f

5. Tugi2o

When i use 3cx phone directly with my VoIP provider it works. So i think that my VoIP provider is sending the bye message.

Server Status log:
    09:33:51.734 StratInOut::eek:nHangUp Call from Ext.100 to 01766313**** has been terminated

09:33:40.390 CallConf::eek:nIncoming Incoming call from Ext.100 to sip:01766313****@192.168.0.141

6. jaiume

Seems like its the same issue found in :

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1149

Jamie

7. Tugi2o

yes it's the same problem...do you have a solution?

i'm sure, that this problem didn't appear at the older version of 3cx.
    but i cannot try it, because the older version can't be downloaded.

Perhaps i have saved the older version on my home computer - i'll try tonight and tell you...

8. Tugi2o

yesterday i've tried it with the older version. the phone was going on ringing too :-(

9. kelddamsbo

I have the same problem with my Grandstream GXV3000 phone, but with GXP2000 and HT-486 there is no problem.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is weird, and it looks like many of us have this problem.

It is related to the "call progress tones" but I mentioned this. I do not know much of the Grandstream stuff, but let see if I can help you out.

Call progress tones, require the DTMF.

To do this right the Codecs need to be G711 on your ATA's and phones.

Also have the correct RFC Protocol Edition (3261, 2543) work. I am not sure which one 3CX uses, could be another version of the one I mentioned.

H.

11. kelddamsbo

I use G711a on all phones, and I use Send DTMF via RTP (RFC2833).
    Is this okay ?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, that should do the trick. I am not using the RFC2833 but it should work with that if 3CX support that one.

Now you have to make sure you have the correct line voltage and cadence for you system.

Somehow your phone does not realise that the line is picked up.

This can be set in the cadence or fxo, see if you have some of those setings.

Alternative post a link where we can find some manuals for you equipment and I might have a look at it.

13. kelddamsbo

Hi again,

It is clean IP Phones, so I not sure if there is any voltage settings ?
    The link's for manuals are:
    http://www.grandstream.com/user_manuals/GXP2000.pdf
    http://www.grandstream.com/user_manuals/GXV3000_User_Manual.pdf

14. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Support

Hi are you usinga grandstream ? If so please try updating your phone's firmware to the latest.

http://www.grandstream.com/firmware.html

15. kelddamsbo

I'm already running the latest firmware on the Grandstream's

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will have a look at the manuals, but I am flat out at the moment with my paying job and my private live. So time is limited.

The areas you should look at are:

Call Progress Tones, DTMF, correct settings for you line voltage. That is the incomming line into your building.

You can set these configs (within reason) on your ATA.

But I have to look at the manuals, I have not used a grandstream before, hence the request for a manuals LOL.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

kelddamsbo

Can you post your configuration on the forum or send it to me via PM (I reply with my email address where you can send it).

I was thinking it is allong the lines of dtmf and line voltage but it actually might be simpler.

You mentioned, that when you connect directly your phones do not keep ringing after one phone is picked up. This only occurs when you run it through 3cx.

Have you told the phone the correct routing? so it know that 3cx is the gateway etc?

18. jaiume

The reason this happens is because the Grandstream (gxw-4008 in my case) does not respond to the SIP BYE message sent by 3CX, and keeps on ringing.

For some reason 3CX does not send the Grandstream a CANCEL message, but does send other phones a CANCEL message. This may be correct as far as the SIP protocol goes, but it does result in the Grandstream phones continuing to ring.

Grandstream said they would change their firmware to stop ringing on BYE.

The problem does not happen with other IP PBX's such as Asterix and Axon, so maybe they break the SIP protocol to make sure this doesn't happen.

19. josersbf

I have the same problem with just one of my providers and only when I call to landline numbers.

I think the 3cx always send BYE, but this provider that I am having the problem doesn't understand so it doesn't cancel the call and the phones keep ringing.

20. silentfun

silentfun Member

but the rfc guideline say 3xc have only to send a "CANCEL" if there was no response if there was any response there is no need for "CANCEL" If any Response came frome the other side like it indicate that it is ringing the option for end this SESSION is "BYE".
    it would be a workaround for the mistakes of other people when 3cx would send both "CANCEL" & "BYE" to end the session.