Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved When is the nginx error 53300 too many clients error going to be resolved?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by us1, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. us1

us1

Despite all the updates, patches, etc., the Debian installs of 3cx continue to periodically require a reboot because the auto backups will fail to run with the dreaded error:

Code:
    3CX Phone System tried to backup but failed due to the following reason(s):
    System.Exception: Error creating backup ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (53300: sorry, too many clients already) ---> Npgsql.PostgresException: 53300: sorry, too many clients already

Any idea when this will be resolved? This occurs on all of 8 of my Debian 3cx installs (all v15.5.whatever). I understand it is nginx throwing the error, but certainly there is a way to resolve this. I really don't want to have to schedule a weekly reboot to keep this from happening. I prefer to keep reboots to only when absolutely required for maximum up-time and just general good practice.

sip.bg likes this.
  2. Sopock

Sopock Member

Maybe they can't reproduce it?:confused:
    Code:
    SELECT * FROM pg_stat_activity

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Sopock, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  3. business54

I have had several servers do this recently; only fix is to bounce the server. It's happening to on prem. and cloud servers.

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

SP2 will solve this and is something which might only occurs after 50 days runtime on linux...
    So please restart once more the DB service and by before the next occasion SP2 will be there

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    John Ranger likes this.
  5. us1

us1

Thank you for the update!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.