When is the 'right' time for 7?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ricambi America, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricambi America

My company has been quite pleased with our current (licensed) "version 6" deployment of 3CX. It works incredibly well, and we manage 50-75 inbound calls per day among three different 'remote' offices.

I have followed the Version 7 forums, and it seems like stability is increasing every day. For version 6 users, when do you plan a Version 7 migration? (Yes, my company has the upgrade insurance package, so it's not a question of money... it is a question of stability). Should the phone system go down for a few hours, we would be at a significant disadvantage. Are most firms installing version 7 on a different server, then 'flipping the switch' at a later point? Is it ready for prime-time?

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. worksighted

worksighted New Member

I would definitely wait for v7 to be released to production from Beta if this is your production system. But the update process as I have tested it so far is smooth. Probably wouldnt hurt to wait a month or so after it releases for production to switch over.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.