Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Where are the voicemail files stored?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LeonidasG, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Depending on your OS they could either be stored here:
    C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Ivr\Voicemail

Or here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Ivr\Voicemail

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nwhitfield

You could terminate them, perhaps, with a forwarding rule.

I have a couple of dummy extensions on my system to help with call routing. So for example, rather than going straight to a ring group, the inbound calls for the number I have in the phone book go to an unused extension, which then uses the advanced forwarding rules and sends all anonymous calls to a digital receptionist (which says "If this is a sales or survey call, go away, or I'll be very rude to you. Press 5 if you want to speak to me.") Pressing 5 there directs the call to the ring group, but if it's an automated dialler, they'll just time out.

Other calls, depending on the time of day, go to the ring group or to voicemail.

You could use a similar rule to trap calls from a specific number, and set the option to 'End call', sending everything else on to an extension or ring group.

Since putting this in place, I've not had any sales or survey calls reach me. And if any do, I can happily be even more abominably rude to the callers than I used to be, since they were warned before they pressed 5.

3. nwhitfield

What you do is don't send the calls to a ring group first.

Send them to the dummy extension.

The dummy extensions uses advanced forwarding rules. In this case, it sounds like you want a first rule based on caller ID, which specifies the problem number, with an action of 'end call' (or, use a digital receptionist with no options to play them a message and then drop the call, so that a) it costs them money, and b) they might get the message one day)

Set a second rule which forwards all calls to the original ring group.

Now, when a client calls, the call still goes to the ring group as before - unless they call from the number that's trapped by the first rule.

So, the incoming number goes to dummy extension for filtering rules, then to the ring group.

(This is also how I have different hours for the 'home' number that's in the phone book switching to voicemail, using the main 'working hours' settings for my home office number.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.