Where did blacklist/whitelist IP list go in 14 SP2

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Snomon, Dec 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snomon

It's not under settings security anymore :(

2. aberry

aberry New Member

Settings -> Number Blacklist

Another unnecessary move.

3. Snomon

Thanks for the response, but this area is for phone numbers to blacklist. I was looking for the IP Blacklist and Whitelist tab. (auto and manual)

It is no longer is under Settings / Security. (you can see the tab in their outdated manual" lol.)

4. Snomon

Never mind, I found it under "System Status" - IP Blacklist. GRRRR.

5. aberry

aberry New Member

Seriously, I feel for the guy trying to do documentation for v14.

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

And why do you have this love and concern for the guy doing documentation?
    Software applications change - Windows changes, Cisco iOS commands change, things change..
    Use windows 95 and dos applications if you dont understand changes .. What can I say?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. aberry

aberry New Member

Hey, apparently I'm the guy that is making enemies as a result of my frustration with the last couple updates. The joke about the guy doing documentation related to the fact that there is no way to keep up with the current frequent re-arrangement and removal / re-admission of features. Speaking of Windows changes, how well did that go for them when they removed the Start button? It was received poorly, they were shredded for it, and added back in?

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You make enemies because of the way you report things.. You should consider changing your tone.
    What is the real exact problem because we moved IP Blacklist to the top to a more prominent section given we have pbx, sip and Dos targeted attacks every second of the day - and getting more and more intelligent? And more and more expensive!!!

What is exactly the big deal that is making you so depressed and disturbing your sleep at night because we moved the position of the blacklist?

Yes of course the world complained when the Start button was removed from Windows. But that was completely lame and the only reason was because a bone headed guy came up with the idea to to remove the start button in Windows (for the record, for 3 DECADES was always with a start button). That was REMOVED - it is completely different.

The only FAIL here is in your comparison. We did NOT remove it or delete it.. We MOVED It to a more sensible prominent place where the admin can see easier and quicker.

The theory to support our decision is also explained in other devices. If you ever have the opportunity to look at high end firewalls and hardcore border or backbone routers you will realize that interfaces of this type are not buried deep in settings > security whereby you have to write an admin manual to explain how to find it.

A prominent place for something crucial and critical should be bang in your face. They all put it in the Status section - in the health and overview section..not more than 2-3 clicks from the home..

But aberry has to be correct. How can we argue.
    Did you even bother to come up with a reasonable excuse after all, why what we did is so wrong? because I'm just seeing you nag without reason.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. aberry

aberry New Member

TLDR, sorry.

So here's the deal. We are using this software in a production environment. We are purchasing software to ultimately make money. When things change, and aren't documented - or features are removed we lose money, and it feels like as a customer my business is not important. Also the tone from you and the CEO here is wrong, and frankly a little concerning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.