where did the 3CX phone go?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vanDivX, Mar 19, 2007.

1. vanDivX

I read on forum about extensions being marked as 'external' and didn't find anything like that in my pbx, so checked if new version is out for download and indeed there is RC2 v3.... but I can't find the soft phone anywhere on the site anymore, is that somehow included inside the pbx download? even previously it was somewhat in obscure place for download and it is possible I can't just find it on the site

trying to run the downloaded pbx installation, it just doesn't seem to include the phone, is it perhaps still waiting to be released and download was removed for now?

vanDivX

2. spamoni

This is where I found it:

http://www.3cx.com/VOIP/voip-phone.html

3. vanDivX

thx a lot, it is obscure as I thought, wonder if its newer version than what I got with Beta3 v2.0 pbx download a month or longer ago, we'll see

BTW when you talked about 'external' phone location in your other post, you meant moving the phone from your LAN where 3CX pbx is to someplace on internet and still register with the pbx as an extension? ie, not just moving it onto different subnet or behind firewall on some other PC...?

I tried that and so far can't make it work, registration no problem but actual calling doesn't work and I am hoping upgrade to this new version of pbx/phone will make a difference

/edit: nope, still the old version 1.17, no change from my original downloaded version (I uninstalled and installed again just to make sure)

vanDivX

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Hi,

'External phone' is a new settings for extensions, and could be found in Edit Extension page in the section 'User Information' (under 'Last Name'). It has no connetion to 3CX SOft Phone.

5. vanDivX

well, yes and no, unless I am mistaken

yes, as in that being the setting for extensions in 3CX PBX (as you say and as I understood it too, I will install the new RC2 version3 tonight)

no, as in that it has no connection to 3CX SoftPhone - because I assume you mark an Extension in PBX as External when the 3CX SoftPhone (or other phone) that will register to it will be located in external location (on WAN)

I suppose that goes without saying for you but not always for the likes of me :)
    ---------

anyway, I have been reading over the manual for the 3CX softphone and there it shows on the Configuration tab next to setting of 'Local port' also another setting for 'Local IP address' and also the icon on the tab is different, - is that how it used to be in version prior to 1.17 or is that how it will be in upcoming versions?

ver1.17 has a wrench crossed with screwdriver pic and no field entry for Local IP

vanDivX

6. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff