Where do I find a list of the default system extensions?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ovizii, Dec 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ovizii

What I mean are those fixed, built-in extensions like: 70 or 88 ?
    When you install 3CX you get warned that about 30 numbers are being reserved for system extensions so I'd like to know which 30 and if the can be edited.

###edit###
    Let me add a related question:
    When installing and selecting i.e. 2 digits for extensions it says usable from 10-99 but that is plain wrong I didn't read that and successfully assigned 00 as my main number for reception then assigned 01-07 to different test users. How come?

2. vizualpro

Are you running the newest version?
    If you open the management console and look at the bottom of the PBX Status section, click on "System Extensions" for a list of all of the active ones on your system.

3. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You can use all 100 numbers, i.e. 00 - 99 for extensions, however some numbers are used by system extensions, If you need 3-digit numbers, better reinstall the PBX now, later will be more difficult. There is no automatic way to convert from 2-digit to 3-digit numbering plan. Having 3-digit number plan, you can assign 1, 2 or more digits SIP aliases, for example '0' for operator.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ovizii

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for!

5. ovizii

Thanks, I was aware of that after googling this subject. Plenty of people asking how to change from 2 to 3 or vice versa :)

Btw. those system Extensions are static, no matter what extension length I chose or will they also adapt their length?

6. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You can change eventually the numbers of system extensions, but not their length (e.g. 2, 3, 4 or 5 digits). Extension length is a system-wide property. Voice-mail is 99, 999, 9999 or 99999 by default, conference place is 70, 700, 7000 or 70000, etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ovizii likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.