Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Where in management console to set up SPA 3102 gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Hachijo Seki, Aug 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hachijo Seki

I would like to use both SPA-3102 FXO and FXS ports with 3CX V15.5. In 3CX, these are apparently set up in the management console SIP Trunks tab. The FXO port seems to be set up by clicking "add gateway" in SIP Trunks and choosing "generic" under brands. Is the FXS port also set up by clicking "add gateway" and selecting "generic " brand, too?

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You have to set FXO port as trunk and FXS port as extension in standard scenario.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hachijo Seki

Thank you very much for replying.

I would like to connect a standard analog phone in the SPA3102 FXS port to use as an extension, and connect the FXO port to the telco's PSTN line. In order to set the FXO port as a trunk in 3CX v15.5, is the FXO trunk set up in the Management Console SIP TRUNKS node? Clicking the Sip Trunks node, there are 2 tabs "Add SIP Trunks" and "Add Gateway". Here does one choose the Add Gateway tab, which brings up an "Add PSTN Gateway" window, and then select "generic" brand for the SPA3102 since Linksys models aren't listed?

For setting up the FXS extension, I looked in the Management Console Extensions node but couldn't find a method to register the SPA3102 FXS port to an extension.

Any kind of assistance would be greatly appreciated.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The FXO and FXS ports are to be dealt with as individual entities. However there are several settings in the 3102 that need to be changed to completely separate the two. The FXS post is by far the easiest to set-up. Create an extension in 3CX then use the settings to manually provision the FXS in the 3102. Be sure that the port numbers used are unique. It is common to use port 5060 for the FXS, and 5061 or 5062 for the FXO. Just remember that whichever port you use for the FXO, it must match the one in the trunk you create in 3CX.
    Have a read through this...

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/provisioning-a-linksys-spa-3102-gateway.34293/

Here is another thread that might help...

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/linksys-spa-3102-cant-receive-incomming-call.11418/

The FXS portion of a 3102 is very similar to provisioning a SPA-2012 or PAPT-NA, or the newer SPA-122/112

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/linksys-pap2-ans-3cx-compatibility.47907/

http://www.888voip.com/configuring-a-cisco-spa112spa122-ata-with-3cx/

#4 leejor, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  5. Hachijo Seki

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. In a couple minutes after reading your post I was able to register the 3CX trunk and extension with the SPA3102 FXO and FXS ports. Inbound and outbound calls through both a VOIP trunk and PSTN gateway seem to be working, too. Thanks again. I had spent many hours trying to set this up.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Not a problem. If you have any issues, post back. I still use 3 or 4 of those and find them rock solid as well as having a lot of features that many won't use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.