Where IP Addresses are set

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

Is there any place other than settings - network where an IP address is set, I need to determine where a back IP address comes from

FlowRoute did a check to see why and incoming call can not be heard, the following is their input

So I believe the 3CX system is at 76.170.137.3. The issue is that when we send calls to your IP address 76.170.137.3 that you 3CX system responds to our SIP Invite with a 200 OK. The issue is that when your system sends the 200 OK to answer the call you are telling us to send the audio to the IP 107.199.133.105. Typically I see customers sending audio back to the IP where there system is hosted.

I believe you have the address 107.199.133.105 listed somewhere in that 3CX configuration. Please look at your set up to see if you can identify this address in any other settings you have. Let me know if you can identify any thing that way.

The 107.199.133.105 is on a different router and Internet connection that is powered down

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When you first configured 3CX, you may have put an old public IP address in. In pre-14 Versions, if you had a dynamic IP, you left the public IP field blank and STUN was used to determine your current public IP.

Have a read through this... viewtopic.php/incorrect-external-ip-address-in-sdp-43357.html?forum_uri=incorrect-external-ip-address-in-sdp&start=&t=43357

and...

viewtopic.php/incorrect-external-ip-address-in-sdp-43357.html?forum_uri=incorrect-external-ip-address-in-sdp&start=&t=43357

In step 7, you probably put in the "other" public IP.

http://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-3cx/#h.7lgcpd5rel6n

Changing the Public IP generally means, doing a back-up, uninstalling 3CX, then re-installing (putting in the correct IP),and restoring the back-up.

3. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

When I first installed I used a different router and ISP, I changed the ISP, the new ISP has a dynamic IP. In version 14 can I leave the Public IP address Blank and use the STUN Server

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In V14 SP3 you should be able to change the Public IP from Settings -> Network -> Public IP tab. If you are already on SP3 and the correct/new IP is already there, try changing it to something else, restart services, changing it to the correct one and then restart services one more time.

Also, in SP3 the STUN option works however it is not recommended to have a dynamic IP for a productions system. A more lengthy discussion about this has been made in this thread:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43393

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.