Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Where is this setting for "sleep"?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by engin411, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engin411

engin411 New Member

Latest 3CX, Yealink T46G with latest firmware. I see the phones "go to sleep" after a few hours. The background image shows only; no line key labels. The phone is still registered; the BLF key LED's are still lit; when I push any physical button, the phone magically wakes up and the labels for the line keys appear again. It looks like some type of screen standby. What is this feature, and where is it in the default T46G template? I'd like to turn it off or at least adjust the timing of when it starts.

TIA.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I was seeing this on the previous firmware on SP4 - but not any longer on SP5.
    latest 3cx Template without Modifications.

So perhaps something missing in your template if not up to date.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

As far as I know this features (power saving and screen saving) are introduced by Yealink in v81, but correct me if I’m wrong.
    The 3CX template doesn’t contain the parameters to change or disable these features yet.
    You will have to change this settings by hand on the phones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sopock

Sopock Member

Or create custom template?:confused:
    1. You can configure the starting time and ending time of the day’s office hour.
    2. The time to wait in the idle state before the IP phone enters power-saving mode during the office hours is 6 hours by default, and the IP phone will enter power-saving mode when it has been inactivated for 960 minutes (16 hour) during the office hours.
    3. The time to wait in the idle state before the IP phone enters power-saving mode during the non-office hours is 10 minutes by default.
    4. You can configure the minimum time (in minutes) to wait in the idle state - after using the phone - before the IP phone enters power-saving mode.
    5. In the power-saving mode, the power indicator LED will flash red every 5 seconds to indicate that the IP phone is in the power-saving mode.
    6. Added the feature of power saving intelligent mode. You can configure whether the IP phone automatically identifies the office hour and exit power-saving mode once the office hour arrives the next day.

5. engin411

engin411 New Member

Thanks guys. I'm using the latest of everything.... server software, template, firmware. It irks me that Yealink would force features on us without providing the necessary batch action (template) switches to turn it off. I don't want to touch every phone individually... come on Yealink.

6. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Part 1: Yealink provides excellent documentation on their web site. The Administrator Guide (not the auto provision guide) is the document you want:

http://download.support.yealink.com..._IP_Phones_Auto_Provisioning_Guide_V81_40.pdf

Part 2: I just checked and the 3CX v15 SP5 template actually does have the power saving features in it and they are set to disabled. Please see below an excerpt from the SP5 template. Make sure you have the features.power_saving.enable = 0 which means disabled and not = 1 which means enabled.

If you go on a Yealink phones to "settings" and "power savings" and you find this enabled then your phone is NOT using the latest 3CX template. You can verify that the template 3CX is generating correctly or not by typing in your provisioning path into a browser and add the mac address and .cfg at the end. e.g. http://3CXSERVERFQDN/provisioning/RANDOMPATH/MACADDRESS.CFG . Add :5000 if not using port 80 for HTTP. Look at the config file that is outputted and it should have the lines below as well. If they are missing then your template is an older one or someone mucked with it.

#######################################################################################
    ## power_saving ##
    #######################################################################################
    features.power_saving.enable = 0
    features.power_saving.office_hour.idle_timeout =
    features.power_saving.off_hour.idle_timeout =
    features.power_saving.user_input_ext.idle_timeout=
    features.power_saving.office_hour.monday =
    features.power_saving.office_hour.tuesday =
    features.power_saving.office_hour.wednesday =
    features.power_saving.office_hour.thursday =
    features.power_saving.office_hour.friday =
    features.power_saving.office_hour.saturday =
    features.power_saving.office_hour.sunday =

7. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Another nice thing in the newer Yealink firmware is if you click the green ? mark symbol it will tell you what to put in the template to make this setting for all phones.

Press the ? and under "CFG Configuration" it shows the line that applies this setting in the template in green.

8. engin411

engin411 New Member

CentrexJ, thanks so much, and sorry I didn't look into this more earlier before posting. I appreciate your assistance.

9. engin411

engin411 New Member

I found this area in the template, and it is set to 0 (disabled). I checked a phone that uses this template, and the Power Saving is disabled there, as I would expect. Yet the phones that use this template are still entering power saving. Or maybe it's a screensaver. So the investigation continues.

10. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Have you done factory reset? we find this cleans up stuck settings.

11. engin411

engin411 New Member

Turns out it's a screensaver issue, not power saving. This used to be able to be turned off, but I don't see any settings to disable it - only to adjust the timing.
    Thanks guys for your comments that pointed me to places to check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.