Which digital BRI Gateways are supported by 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alicic, Nov 20, 2007.

1. alicic

alicic New Member

Hallo,

I have seen on 3cx web page that Patton SmartNode 4638 is supported by 3cx phone system.

Are also other Patton Gateways like Smartnode 4554 supported????

What other BRI VoIP Gateways are supported by 3CX?

regards,

2. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Both SmartNode 4638 and Smartnode 4554 are using the same OS. Just both of them are have different number of BRI port. 4638 with WAN Port and 4554 without WAN port.

SmartNode 4638
    * 3/5 Ports Quality ISDN VoIP - 3 or 5 ISDN BRI So ports, 4 or 8 low-bandwidth voice or T.38 fax calls. Advanced adaptive traffic management and shaping for maximum voice quality. Voice prioritization and DownStreamQoS
    * Full Telephony Features - SessionRouter allows flexible call routing and numbering plan adaptations, CLIP/CLIR, hold, transfer, and much more.
    * Management & Provisioning - Web-based management, SNMP, command line interface, & auto-provisioning for automated configuration & SW upgrades.
    * Complete Access Routing - Two 10/100 Ethernet ports with auto MDI-X. Access router with NAT, Firewall, PPPoE, DHCP, DynDNS & VPN with IPSec*
    * Full VoIP protocol support - SIPv2, H.323v4, MGCP/IUA, ISDN, DSS1, QSIG*, T.38, fax and modem bypass, DTMF relay.
    * Outstanding Interoperability - Interoperable for voice and T.38 fax with leading SIP service providers and soft-switch vendors

SmartNode 4554
    * Compact, reliable stand-alone gateway for VoIP systems—Connects an IP PBX or other VoIP systems to the ISDN PSTN, offering 2 BRI TE ports and 4 simultaneous voice or fax calls.
    * Full SIP and T.38 support—Supports the complete range of industry standard VoIP: SIP, H.323, T.38 fax, fax and modem bypass, DTMF relay. Codecs G.729, G.723 etc.
    * Transparent Telephony Features—Preserves ISDN features like caller ID and name (CLIP/CLIR), call transfer, hold, waiting, AOC. Supports DID and MSN lines in all major countries as well as complex numbering plan manipulations.
    * Outstanding Interoperability—Interoperable for voice and T.38 fax with 3CX and other leading IP PBX systems.

3. alicic

alicic New Member

Ok, thanx?

What about other BRI Gateways, what can be recomended to be used by 3cx?

regards,

4. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

I think NOT only Patton gateway can be support 3CX. The other SIP BRI gateway can be fully or just support but not fully with 3CX. Just reminded that if you found a gateway 3CX not mention it is a supported gateway. And it can fully supported, that you are very LUCKY and let us know as well. If you using Patton gateway with 3CX, both parties with help you to solve the problem. We will not get the message from support team of 3CX or Patton "The issue cased by 3CX, NOT the gateway" or "The issue cased by the gateway NOT at 3CX". Just share my experience for using NOT support gateway.

5. alicic

alicic New Member

Ok, thanx for the reply. If I have a chance to check some other Gateways I will let you know my experience.

6. alicic

alicic New Member

Hallo,

Tested MP-402 BRI AudioCodes Gateway with 3cx. Works just perfect and it is easily configurable,

regards