Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Which Gateway should I use?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by css, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. css

css

I am currently using a SPA 3000 but I also just realized that it is not one of the supported Gateways. And since I have been have some problems I would like to try a new gateway that is support. Such as one of the Patton Smart Nodes. I was just wondering if anyone out there could give me some of their suggestions or thoughts on which one is best.
    Thank You for Suggestions.

2. matthijsolislagers

matthijsolislagers New Member

Any of the supported pattons work fine. It depends on your situation. How many lines do you need for example?

3. css

css

I have:
    3 lan Lines
    2 Vonage Lines
    5 SIP Phones linksys SPA921
    5 analog phones

I currently am using 5 SPA 3000. One for each phone line and each analog phone. But I really don't need all those analog phones beause I think the VOIP Client could replace them.

Thanks for all the Help.

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I've used Grandstream GXW4104 with decent success. Seems to lock up with lots of use but as an emergeny line (internet goes down) I would use it since it's cheap.
    I just installed an AudioCodes MP-114 and that seems to work very well and had no issues (other than installation). Call quality seems great and hasn't locked up yet.
    Patton are supposed to be better but I haven't tried one yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. AldoLinares

AldoLinares New Member

I would also like to know what are the experience of other people having other gateways with 3CX, i like to know what is the best gateway, no strange noises, clipping maybe no echo ..

6. alicic

alicic New Member

Hi,

I am using MM 114 AudioCodes and no problem at all. I olike with this gateway the ability of seting up the line only when "voice is heard" and this behaviuor is very good for bthe billing purposes.

I have also tested MP 402 BRI Audiocodes gateway with exelent performances. No problems at all with these two gateways.

Previously I used Grandstream which is not of so good quality.

7. Borsoock

Borsoock New Member

Hi

I use AudioCodes MP-114 with very good results. Really good sound quality, rock solid stability and lots of features for reasonable price. However don't count on their tech support in case of configuration questions or even on getting latest firmware upgrade :cry: .

Thank you

Marcin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. alicic

alicic New Member

If you buy AudioCodes from Official distributir of Audiocoddes then you will have full support for your device, even with new firmware.

regards

9. bifficus

Audiocodes MP-104

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. Feel free to flame the newb! :lol:

I am going to run 3CX for my business, and am trying to figure out if I can use an old VOIP Gateway that I have from a previous business I was involved in. I have the Audiocodes MP-104, which seems to be the previous iteration of the MP-114 that other people are using it successfully.

Before I burn too many hours trying to figure this out, I would very much appreciate it if someone could tell me diffinitively that this product will NOT work (or DOES work because they have one working). Also, I used this with Primus Telecom (Canada) before. I have read conficting news that it may or may not be locked to only work with the original provider.

If it is going to be hard to get going, I am better off buying new equipment, I believe.

Thank you kindly for your help,

Todd

10. abelaguilar

Hi all: I have a patton 4118 for sale. I paid 900.00 for it and i'm willing to let it go for 600 or less. check out patton.com for more information. This is a smartnode 4118. You can reach me at abelaguilar@gmail.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.