Which Gateway to Buy?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by atomicwaste12, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atomicwaste12

Hi

We have a few BT V8s and was hoping someone here can help me. Which gateway should I get.

I have seen the list on 3CX website which says that we can use the following Grandstreams:

Grandstream GXW-4024/4004 FXS
    GrandStream GXW-4104 / 4108

We have just started our business and our office is in the UK, currently we only have an ordinary BT line and a 3CX server. Our USB phones work OK but have found certain limitations and would like to upgrade and use the V8s we have already. From the little I have read, I believe we can connect our V8's to the above gateways and upon the relevant settings on the Gateways voila we will have a working set of phones :-}.

We would be very grateful for your advice.

Thank you.

2. mattlandis

I recommend Patton gateways if you are looking for business class with no trouble.
    (We keep replacing grandstreams for clients--just replace 120 grandstream ports with patton and all trouble went away)

3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

We used Grandstream with zero issues.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mattlandis

Charles,

We have a bunch of Grandstream 24 port FXS gateways a client will want to sell.
    Would you have interest in buying them?

google "matt landis pbx" to get my email address.

Matt

5. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

For single lines in the UK I use the Cisco/Linksys SPA3102. I have come up with a method of using it as a "life line" device, so that if the Internet goes down - or power, a phone connected to the 3102 can make calls through BT. When all is normal of course it is an extension.

Regarding the BT V8 phones - they are I believe proprietary for the BT versatility system, and will not work as an analogue extension or as an IP phone. I suggest some decent phones that are not expensive, such as the Yealink T20P.

I hope that helps.
    Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.