• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Which GSM Codec?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garywag

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me by letting me know which GSM codec is used on the 3CX Free Softphone? I have used it recently for my disseration and need to put whether its GSM-HR, GSM-FR or GSM-EFR? I haven't been able to find out which one it is so far.

Thanks in advance

Gary

I'm going to assume that it is using GSM-FR (full rate), as it appears that there are patents (licence fees?) on the others. http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/GSM+Codec

Cheers for your reply.

Thats what I had assumed it would be, I have done my write up on the basis of it being GSM-FR and was just going to change it had I been told otherwise.

Thanks again

I would assume that , if the term GSM (no qualifier) were used, then it would be the full rate codec. I'm also assuming that the other were developed at an expense, and compensation for their used was expected. Pretty much what I said above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.