Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Which IP Phones do you recommend or work best with 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ziptalk, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

I am currently shopping for an IP Phones to standardise on for our 3CX deployments on http://www.voipon.co.uk

I am favouring the LinkSys SPA 942 model for the following reasons:

• Reasonable cost
    • Comparatively more attractive than other phones in the same price range
    • Additional Ethernet Port for PC
    • Power Over Ethernet
    • 2-4 Lines

However, I would be interested to know which phones other installers prefer, or have standardised on and for what reasons. Also whether 3CX Support themselves have a preference for particular IP Phones and/or manufacturers they experience to be exceptionally more reliable and without issue.

Thanks,

Lewis

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Hi Matt,

Thanks again for your informative response. I guess this sort of post should be turned into a sticky to save it getting asked again and again.

Just looking at the SNOM, I have overlooked the BLF feature which is not something we overly use in our business, but I can see the value of it's use. Interestingly enough, clients don't really have much preference in way of features, mainly because they know very little about phone systems. If they can make a call, transfer a call and have voice mail then they're happy - this observation is based on SMBs only. To conference a call is consider advanced for them. I will seriously consider the SNOM for the reasons you put forward though.

Lewis

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Just thought I'd conclude this post to say I bought the SNOM 320s in the end and very happy with my purchase. Thanks Matt for your guidance on this - after a lot of reading, I heard more good things about the SNOM phones, and heard a lot of niggly issues with the Linksys. I think the fact that 3CX have a picture of the Linksys on their homepage might sublimally influence peoples decisions on purchasing phones. They're solid phones, feature-rich, and I have a new found appreciation for BLF. They just do the job! - Typically German engineering!

Lewis

4. discovery1

discovery1 Member

I have to agree with this - plus the Voice quality is very good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.