• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Which IP Phones do you recommend or work best with 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziptalk

Reaction score
I am currently shopping for an IP Phones to standardise on for our 3CX deployments on http://www.voipon.co.uk

I am favouring the LinkSys SPA 942 model for the following reasons:

• Reasonable cost
  • Comparatively more attractive than other phones in the same price range
  • Additional Ethernet Port for PC
  • Power Over Ethernet
  • 2-4 Lines

However, I would be interested to know which phones other installers prefer, or have standardised on and for what reasons. Also whether 3CX Support themselves have a preference for particular IP Phones and/or manufacturers they experience to be exceptionally more reliable and without issue.

Thanks,

Lewis

Hi Matt,

Thanks again for your informative response. I guess this sort of post should be turned into a sticky to save it getting asked again and again.

Just looking at the SNOM, I have overlooked the BLF feature which is not something we overly use in our business, but I can see the value of it's use. Interestingly enough, clients don't really have much preference in way of features, mainly because they know very little about phone systems. If they can make a call, transfer a call and have voice mail then they're happy - this observation is based on SMBs only. To conference a call is consider advanced for them. I will seriously consider the SNOM for the reasons you put forward though.

Lewis

Just thought I'd conclude this post to say I bought the SNOM 320s in the end and very happy with my purchase. Thanks Matt for your guidance on this - after a lot of reading, I heard more good things about the SNOM phones, and heard a lot of niggly issues with the Linksys. I think the fact that 3CX have a picture of the Linksys on their homepage might sublimally influence peoples decisions on purchasing phones. They're solid phones, feature-rich, and I have a new found appreciation for BLF. They just do the job! - Typically German engineering!

Lewis

ziptalk said:
Just thought I'd conclude this post to say I bought the SNOM 320s in the end and very happy with my purchase. They're solid phones, feature-rich, and I have a new found appreciation for BLF. They just do the job! - Typically German engineering!

Lewis

I have to agree with this - plus the Voice quality is very good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.