• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Which is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah Hastings

Reaction score
I have used Eyebeam, Blackjack, and I am considering 3CX Phone or PBXtra...which is better...some serious advice and why??

You may find people a bit biased here. It would be like walking into a Ford dealership and asking "which is better a Nissan, Mazda, Chevy or Ford ?". I'm sure that , depending on your particular need, one may work, or have features, more to your liking than another. You should probably download and test each one yourself, to see which you prefer.

Eyebeam is decent enough, but it's a very old product. For me eyebeam crashes whereas the 3CXPhone doesn't crash AT ALL.
I've never heard of "Blackjack" or PBXtra.

Blackjack is something i can't find any information on google. I don't know why you would want to trust a product with such little info on the internet.

I've checked PBXtra and i see that it's a fonality product ( An entire PBX in fact ). As i've never touched or heard of PBXtra i wouldn't know what to tell you...

I'm not sure whether you are looking for a Phonesystem or just a VoIP Phone, but in any case i'd suggest 3CX, not because i work for 3CX, but because i simply know that it "Works" and is easy to setup unlike any of it's other counterparts i've encountered.

Personally, I have never had good luck with the Counterpath products.
I started testing the X-Lite version 3 about 5 years ago. Sometimes it was ok; other times it was just trouble. Then, I upgraded to their paid-for eyebeam (around the same time period), and it again was no better than the X-Lite 3. I requested they refund my money on the eyebeam.... for me, it was a waste of money.

About 2 years ago, I started using the 3CXPhone 4.0 softphone for direct connect to my various VoIP providers that I test with. Once I figured out a few configuration quirks, it was great. It works with every VoIP provider I have connected it to. It doesn't crash on me like the X-Lite did. I wrote a blog on the 3CXPhone ver. 4 and deemed it my Top Pick in Softphones.

Recently, I decided to give X-Lite a 2nd chance (or is it a 3rd or 4th chance) and installed their new X-Lite version 4.0.
Same thing all over again, but worse. It crashes constantly on my Windows XP SP3 and Vista PC's. (...I do hope to upgrade to Win 7 soon :) ).

So, I will be soon testing the 3CXPhone version 5. If version 5 is at least as good as version 4, then I don't think you can go wrong.

5 is better then 4...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.