• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Which phone displays Group ID first then CLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharmack

Reaction score
Hi

I'm using 3cx v7 8user edition with cisco 7960 handsets
Everything is working fine so far

Problem I got is how to change the order to display Group ID first then CLI on the phone's display
When I tick "Display group ID" in advanced tab it adds Group ID to the call info however
it is displayed on my CISCO in following order:
CLI space GROUP ID

So when I got incoming call I can see clearly caller ID eg 0201234123 then Group ID
however I can not see whole Group ID name as Cisco display is limited in length
so what I actualy see is only first 3 letters of Group ID

Question are:
Does any one know if its possible to change the order to display Group ID then CLI on Cisco 7960 and how?
If not which phones have ability to change the order on their display or simply display Group ID then CLI as default?
(I think either Astra or Snom display Group ID then CLI)
Which phone in your opinion is most flexible with regards to program its display, buttons etc

Cheers
Shaun

Caller-id "Name" is send as one string, that is the way it works in North America. So, the 3CX is just adding the Trunk group info onto the end of the name it receives from the PSTN. I seen to recall that name display only had 15 characters to work with, that was the maximum length of the name that could be sent. You won't find a caller id box that will change the order of the name, that would have to be done from the 3CX, an option in the future, perhaps? Maybe renaming the incoming trunks something like T1, T2, T3 or perhaps a two letter code would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.